• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Childhood toys

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For those of you who have kids, this will probably mean more to you.

I had favorite toys when I was growing up as all kids did. I took good care of them. I remember those little mini cars called micro machines, legos, dinky cars(that's what we called them). I saved all my stuff from when I was a kid. My son has the honor of playing wth them now. We're at camp sitting in the camper and what is he playing with? My old micro machines from 30 years ago. At home, he spends allot of time playing with my old legos. Just warms the heart and brings back good memories from when I used to play with them.:flowers:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is how I ened up with a Snow Trac, it was my first match box toy. SO be carefull and mix a snow cat toy or two in there. Yes they make toy Lamtrac's too..

Regards, Kirk

Garmins_Dad

I have a 45 gallon garbage can thats full of my old tonka trucks from 72 and 73.. our son is to be born this nov..

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I always liked hotwheels & matchbox cars. Mine were to beat up to be collector items so I gave them to my great nephew he loves them.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I still have my Lionel Electric train set and a couple HO sets, but alas, all my erector set stuff "dissapeared" in a move. :hammer:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I was always extremely careful with my Lego's. My son now has my entire Lego collection and the other night he wanted to build a spaceship. I knew that I had received a kit for a spaceship 30+ years ago. Amazingly, I was able to find the instructions on the internet for the exact kit that I had and ALL THE PIECES were still in the bucket!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an Easy Bake Oven which my brother turned into a bug frying chamber of horrors..
Had lots of Barbie dolls and outfits-- all the usual girly things...but never touched them hardly.. I preferred my brother John's toys.. 'cause you guys always had the cooler toys. hmmph! lol

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I still have a huge box of Legos. They were, without a doubt, my favorite.

Second (which I also still have) are my steel Tonka trucks - wheel loader, dump truck and backhoe.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I still have a huge box of Legos. They were, without a doubt, my favorite.

Second (which I also still have) are my steel Tonka trucks - wheel loader, dump truck and backhoe.

Marshall has about a half dozen of my steel Tonka trucks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I still have many of mine.
Steel Tonka's
Erector set
I never had any Legos. Too old?
A nice collection of Hotwheels & Matchbox cars

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my oldest daughter took such goood care of her toy trucks her mother gave them all away when she left me . i also remember her first christmas train set my god moma was pissed at me swor if she grew up to be a lesbian it would be all my fault. as things happened she is any thing but. wished we had all them toys for timmy now.