• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MOLES!!!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
They are everywhere. I have trugreen spraying for grubs.

There's all kinds of anti-mole stuff at Home Depot and Lowe's.

What really works, besides filling their tunnels with propane?

I feel like Chevy Chase....

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a fox around. He/she took care of all the wabbits, except one that's still hoppin around.

No cats for me. I'll take the moles instead. Cats are only good for one-time footballs.

The fox one day charged at our stoopid Boxer. The dog just stood there and looked. Didn't growl, raise her hair, nothing. That fox got within about 10 feet and saw dog was not even caring. Turned 180 on a dime and ran the other way. Kinda funny to see.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
WB.... I feel your pain. It appears I have a family of those little bastages. They have upturned thte stone walk way and have little escape tunnels everywhere. I am treating for grubs like you and am hoping it doesn't take too terribly long. I have learned that the pellets don't really do anythig I am picking up the little gummy worm looking bait On my way back from Kville this weekend.

My reasearch suggests that because they resemble the grubs they like they are more effective. I have thought about the propane bomb I've seen and think some others here have talked about. I've also thought about buying a rat snake and slipping into one of their tunnels. All I know is I'm getting pretty pissed and I'm about willing to try anything!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Rat snakes! Will that work? I gotta find out about them.

I've heard the worm looking things work. Just haven't found them locally.

edit - OK, I looked up rat snakes. I don't think that will fly with the wife and naighbors! But that would work!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Traps - follow the scissor trap instructions at http://www.themoleman.com

Also Triazide - bug killer and/or castor oil will repel them for a while but not forever.

Trapping them is the best method and it gives confirmation of the "kill".

The professional mole trappers all use scissor traps. In a busy year I will get 14 moles on my 5 acres. However, I now have more neighbors that are also trapping now so the population is finally slowing down.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The worm things don't work and if your dog digs them up they will either die or be really sick for a few days - I found that out by experience.

None of the mole baits work. The smoke bombs don't work (but they are fun).

I know two people with Rodenators and I don't think they work as well as traps but they sure are fun.