• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was very stressful at work. Customers, vendors all being sassy is part of the deal but the city inspector was just a pain in the butt. They complained about trailers and boats on our industrial parking lot. But the kicker was a four page survey about our water usage and rainwater runoff.

How should I know how much water runs off our property when it rains?
The boats are there because the marinas are still under water.

I got home last night, too exhausted to do much so I took the evening off. Completely. I didn't touch a spade or a wheel barrow, refused to cook dinner.

So the wife took the kids to the mall and I vegetated on the couch binge watching Blue Bloods.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished waxing the camper this morning before bringing it to camp to set up. I went out for supper with the UK scout leaders. The kids are doing an overnight camp unsupervised.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting things together so we can finally go to the sailboat. The marina re-connected the docks to land this week. The boat is still winterized. And in a few months will have to be winterized again unless we just don't go sailing this summer. Or what's left of it.

We also have to go to Springdale Arkansas as our customer needed an emergency shipment delivered by Monday. Again.

Product comes in late today and the wife and I will run it on Saturday. Whatever happened to retirement?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My middle granddaughter had sudden seizures yesterday, so I spent the night in Defiance at the hospital.
She's been given a medication and will be ok.
I'm going back tonight to check on things, then meet the kids at a Mexican restaurant.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been refinishing the interior on one window a day, weather permitting. Sanding down to bare wood, new stain and poly. Today I finished #4.

Six ton of pellets due any day now, so that will keep me busy for awhile as well.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another busy day here, then coming back to town to go to the first weekend of the county fair with my friend Andrea.

My Granddoodle is going to be ok.
When I asked her what happened to you, baby.
She said I fell down, now I have to take a pill.

Not sure if they'll want a delay with her starting pre-school this year considering the seizures and meds.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers and best wishes for your granddaughter PG.

Weather here is perfect for boating. Low 80's, sunshine with a nice breeze. I'll be on the water the better part of the day. Woo Hoo.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc.
She's back to being a little stinker according to Ty.
I'll see her again later this afternoon.
Enjoy your day on the water.
I know it sure is a perfect day here.
Cooler and breezy.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc.
She's back to being a little stinker according to Ty.
I'll see her again later this afternoon.
Enjoy your day on the water.
I know it sure is a perfect day here.
Cooler and breezy.

Glad to hear shes recovered.

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Still a 100 outside. I'm headed back to the cabin this morning to finish the septic project and work on the bathroom as well. Also taking the newly acquired COOT. I will give a report with pictures upon my return. Marty

Well, got home from the cabin yesterday. My son and I were able to finish the septic project on the mountain this passed weekend. one major project that had to get done in the summer is done as well as my new cedar bathroom door I have been waiting for finally showed up and I got that mounted also. We played with the COOT some but came to the conclusion it needs to be geared down more for up there as there was terrain I feel it would have gone up through if it had a little more, so I will change a couple of sprockets on the next trip and give it another go. We mixed a lot of work on this trip ( moved 5 yards of rock 100 yards over steep mountain terrain with a wheel barrel along with the piping and drain fabric plus the bathroom door in 2 days ) with a little pleasure ( played with the COOT, did a little shooting and walked some of the property I haven't previously walked, I still need to explore the other 2 thirds ) I will be headed back when ever I can. Marty

Attachments

• photo-194.jpg
    photo-194.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 124
  • photo-198.jpg
    photo-198.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 124
  • photo-195.jpg
    photo-195.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 132
  • photo-197.jpg
    photo-197.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 131
  • photo-196.jpg
    photo-196.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 141
  • photo-199.jpg
    photo-199.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 125

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Have an appointment this afternoon to speak with my nursing director about my shift time.
I've been waiting to be placed on 2nd for a freaking year now.
Hopefully I'll get it.
If not, I'll take a job at the Lutheran Home.
I'm sick of being yanked around.
Then I'm planning on getting my own small apartment.
As much as I like being with Aimee, I feel there are times when I just want to be alone and have my own space, etc...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We finally got to our sailboat Sunday afternoon about 2:00. After six months afloat with no one ever on board, it was in amazing shape. Dry as a bone inside no leaks anywhere. No bugs either but then it (the entire dock complex) was floating 100 yards off shore. No musty odors or anything we had feared.

Storms had torn away the storage lockers. The ensign was shredded but still flying. Some solar lights were missing off the dock key but mostly OK.

The first mate wiped down the interior and culled the supplies of old foodstuffs. I spent two hours power washing the deck and topsides she was good as new.

Drove down to Springdale AR to the hotel and got a good night's sleep. Monday meeting with our customer went extremely well. We will be dealing direct with the main buyers at corporate which eliminates the politics when going through their vendors.

Best of all; Secured the contract without having to lower prices.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day yesterday out in the yard I spent 2 hours roughly on the tractor mowing the yard. Did some work in the garage cleaning up and organizing. It'll take a while as it became a dumping ground when we moved in a couple of months ago. I also played musical trailers moving them around the yard. Somehow I ended up with 6 trailers in the yard. 2 are dads. 2 flat deck trailers. One tent trailer and my boat trailer.

I also went to a local shop looking to find options for a plow for my f150. So apparently because the newer f150s have an electric steering pump as well as the twin turbos, they can't handle most plows. So I asked the guy if he knows of a decent plow truck for sale as I have been looking for a while for one. It's August. Before I know it there will be snow on the ground.

He picked up the phone and called a buddy of his who was thinking of selling one. Long story short is that I went to see it (twice) and tried it out. It will be coming home today. The box is rusty but who cares. It's a yard truck to move snow in the winter. Same truck as my old one. A 2005 f150 with the 5.4l along with a heavy duty western plow. The plow will need a little paint but the driveline is solid.

e962d5e2798c215e3d6500576ccce693.jpg
d017ccf87419131f91e93b201db14300.jpg

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just turning the wheels a little faster to build time for another trip to the work cabin. 2-3 months before the snow flies up there, I'm already seeing the days get shorter. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the city and bought a tool box on sale. Came back and worked at organizing the tools/garage. Loaded the new to me trailer with garbage and made a trip to the dump. Painted the frame on the tent trailer we just bought. Mowed more grass. I'm beat.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, got home from the cabin yesterday. My son and I were able to finish the septic project on the mountain this passed weekend. one major project that had to get done in the summer is done as well as my new cedar bathroom door I have been waiting for finally showed up and I got that mounted also. We played with the COOT some but came to the conclusion it needs to be geared down more for up there as there was terrain I feel it would have gone up through if it had a little more, so I will change a couple of sprockets on the next trip and give it another go. We mixed a lot of work on this trip ( moved 5 yards of rock 100 yards over steep mountain terrain with a wheel barrel along with the piping and drain fabric plus the bathroom door in 2 days ) with a little pleasure ( played with the COOT, did a little shooting and walked some of the property I haven't previously walked, I still need to explore the other 2 thirds ) I will be headed back when ever I can. Marty

its still hot in the valley. I went and bought a toilet today and I think I'm going back to the work cabin in the morning. It will be the first time I won't have to make the 100 yard dash at 5am to the out house. Also I bought a smaller drive sprocket for the Coot to give more down low. I plan to find the spring again, hook up the water tank along with the remodel of the cabin and a little time for play. I will give a full report with pictures upon my return. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've got a busy weekend ahead. It's the fair weekend. A good ole country fair with animals circus rides Tractor races etc. It's happening at the fairgrounds right behind our property. My wife and a few of the kids have made things to enter. So we're skipping camp. I may head out for the night.

Meanwhile I was my usual busy self. Trip to the city in the morning to buy my lovely wife an anniversary gift. (Two days before, not after) I remembered!

I also gave the plow truck a paint job. Well, the plow and frame anyway. Mainly to keep it from rusting.

d2b91a22a10cc529046d0bb7686868e2.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Hi all my wife and I just returned from another trip to the work cabin. Thursday when we arrived I installed the toilet on the flange filled it up with water and it worked perfectly. I knew the toilet would flush but I was concerned about the pitch on the drain pipe being too steep and the water leaving the package behind in the pipe, There is one 30' section in the pipe to the digestion tanks where it is 3" per foot and thats about the recommended maximum. Also got back on the bathroom installation, I was able to get the wiring finished up for the light and outlet, the plywood on the ceiling installed and was working on the wall when the neighbor I hadn't met showed up. It was perfect timing I have been looking for my spring location for the water over the last 2 trips, I saw it last year when I bought it but it was so late in the year I didn't bother hooking it up and filling the tank, this year I have been looking exactly where I knew where it was but couldn't find it. Friday I walked for 2 hours looking for it and got turned around and ended up coming off the hill a mile from where I started. I was starting the search about a 100 yards from where I should have and went the wrong direction both times I looked for it. He knew exactly where it was. It is marked very clearly now and I will fill the tank on the next trip. The neighbor has known the previous owners for many years as their families are close. he told me he has been running around up there since he was 5 years old and he is around 60. Super nice guy as was the previous owners when I met them. Very genuine nice people. The neighbor now lives in El Salvador and returns to the mountain in the spring and leaves in October. We talked for about an hour, he gave me his gate combo and the key to his cabin said go ahead and use his property if I want and check on the place once in a while and it would be appreciated. Then gave me an old snowmobile and we exchanged contact info. I didn't get anything else done but that visit was well worth it and welcomed. Work is getting busy so I'm not sure when I can go back again. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_1775.MOV
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all my wife and I just returned from another trip to the work cabin. Thursday when we arrived I installed the toilet on the flange filled it up with water and it worked perfectly. I knew the toilet would flush but I was concerned about the pitch on the drain pipe being too steep and the water leaving the package behind in the pipe, There is one 30' section in the pipe to the digestion tanks where it is 3" per foot and thats about the recommended maximum. Also got back on the bathroom installation, I was able to get the wiring finished up for the light and outlet, the plywood on the ceiling installed and was working on the wall when the neighbor I hadn't met showed up. It was perfect timing I have been looking for my spring location for the water over the last 2 trips, I saw it last year when I bought it but it was so late in the year I didn't bother hooking it up and filling the tank, this year I have been looking exactly where I knew where it was but couldn't find it. Friday I walked for 2 hours looking for it and got turned around and ended up coming off the hill a mile from where I started. I was starting the search about a 100 yards from where I should have and went the wrong direction both times I looked for it. He knew exactly where it was. It is marked very clearly now and I will fill the tank on the next trip. The neighbor has known the previous owners for many years as their families are close. he told me he has been running around up there since he was 5 years old and he is around 60. Super nice guy as was the previous owners when I met them. Very genuine nice people. The neighbor now lives in El Salvador and returns to the mountain in the spring and leaves in October. We talked for about an hour, he gave me his gate combo and the key to his cabin said go ahead and use his property if I want and check on the place once in a while and it would be appreciated. Then gave me an old snowmobile and we exchanged contact info. I didn't get anything else done but that visit was well worth it and welcomed. Work is getting busy so I'm not sure when I can go back again. Marty

I am always amazed at how friendly and generous back woods neighbors can be.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes you got 2nd shift????

Yes sir, I did.
It starts today.
2-10p.
Time to feel like myself again.

There are apartments right across the parking lot from the facility.
How convenient would that be?
I talked to one of the charge nurses last week.
She said she and her husband rented them before they bought their home and that they are nice.
My life sure has been a series of events these last two years.
I no longer want to live with Aimee because she's been getting to the point where she thinks I'm going to pay ALL of the rent and bills.
That isn't going to happen.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I am always amazed at how friendly and generous back woods neighbors can be.

I agree, it must be the happy place atmosphere. When I was a boater it was the same way. The guy that was flipping everyone off on the freeway is the same guy inviting a perfect stranger on his boat for a beer when he gets out of the car and on the boat. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A semi busy day today dealing with the mess of trailers in the yard. I'm getting awful tired of shuffling trailers around. I still had dads 12ft enclosed cargo trailer in the yard along with his boat, my boat, a tent trailer, and 2 flat deck utility trailers. The newer one, so I just discovered, is in need of some springs. So it's going to the shop on Thursday. I still had a few things in the cargo trailer so I unloaded it first thing this morning then brought it back to dad's property out of town. I picked up a new laptop as the old one was acting up, came home and did 2 hours of required online training for scouts. Then, I decided to put the side by side to use and haul some gravel around the driveway to fill in ruts that washed out during the last storm. Since I was outside, I figured I'd load up some wood from a balsam tree that we had cut down and haul it over to split and bring to camp.
c645490b23a790f666b93b32b44effd4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.