• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 2100 Hydraulic Pump and Blade Upgrade

CJBactive

We have a Thiokol 2100 and are installing newly acquired blade on it.

So we unfortunately broke the currently installed hydraulic pump and need to source a replacement pump.

My question is: Would we need to increase the cubic inch size of the pump to accommodate the new blade? Any idea what this stock pump is and/or replacement suggestions.

It is important to note that it appears that this unit never had a blade originally installed on it.

The current pump is a Hadlex hydraulics 060405 4f657A

Thanks everyone.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
is yours a diesel or gas powered a higher flow rate will make things move faster. if your blade upgrade included larger cylinders than yes you need a higher flow rate.

CJBactive

Valid point. It is a gas, ford 300.

Here are images of the blade. Maybe someone that has this setup can let me know what model they are running. Thx
ac810b43c6fc8f6164a313730ee75d79.jpg
e811f19fda1a3082d60598cae32e2013.jpg
c35c968995dd1ab122fd8f7e31789748.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I would have to look around and see what pump I put on mine to replace the old trw, but mine is a diesel and the pump is gear drivin the flow capacity of mine with stock blade was 12 gallons per minute.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like the pump that the moves the fluid for the cooler or the pump that was on the electric emergency pump.

was there any other pumps?

I have parted out 3 2100's and the work pumps were much larger. the aux pumps that either provided emergency flow or cooling are small like that one.

I have a belt driven pump from a 390 powered 2100. It sat high on the motor with a good sized link belt from the crank.

a buddy is looking to sell a blade and pump set up from a 70's 390 powered 2100 with a packer pan and blade. He is not on here but I will mention it to him. where would he need to send it? the parts are in e central WI now.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
when the 2100's are set up with a work pump the steering runs off the return circuit in the hydraulics as I remember pressure is only like 150 psi. if the rig was never set up for work implements, I would bet that is just a small low pressure pump for steering

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that makes sense. I bet i have a pump like that laying about. what drove it a tang or a splined shaft?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
on the diesels the hydraulic pump is drivin by a cam gear and a dodge coupling to attach it to the shaft.

Dr. Zaugg

That backup steering pump was tang driven from a motor that looked sorta like a generator. I might even have the motor. Any belt driven 12 to 15 gallon pump would be just fine.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That would get his rig back in operation, he would still have a problem operating the blade. In addition to the small pump they broke, it would still need the larger implement pump added as well, correct?

Gren

That looks like the pump that the moves the fluid for the cooler or the pump that was on the electric emergency pump.

I have parted out 3 2100's and the work pumps were much larger. the aux pumps that either provided emergency flow or cooling are small like that one.

I have a belt driven pump from a 390 powered 2100. It sat high on the motor with a good sized link belt from the crank.

a buddy is looking to sell a blade and pump set up from a 70's 390 powered 2100 with a packer pan and blade. He is not on here but I will mention it to him. where would he need to send it? the parts are in e central WI now.

Gren

We are looking for stock braket that came with the 391 LMC2100 hydraulic pump set up. Would also be interested in the pump if available

Gren

I am looking for a belt driven hydraulic pump that sits high on the motor driven by a link belt from the motor- is yours for sale ? I also need the slide braket that the pump mounts on which in turn is bolted to the motor bracket.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have both, in the barn upstairs. :cool:

If I remember it the next time i am out there I will dig them out.

Thomas303

I would have to look around and see what pump I put on mine to replace the old trw, but mine is a diesel and the pump is gear drivin the flow capacity of mine with stock blade was 12 gallons per minute.
Hey im new to having a Thiokol 2100. I need to replace the old TRW pump that your talking about. Any information you have I would greatly appreciate. thanks

Gren

The photos of the smaller hydraulic pump show a pump that is driven by a 12volt motor to provide emergency steering. The original pump for the 2100 with front and rear attachments (blade , rear lift fram. couplings for a Valley Powdermaker. The original pump designed to run all of these implements is still available to purchase as a brand new pump. We discovered this when we were trying to replace the engine and hydraulics stolen out of our 2100. The original pump set up uses a bracket that mounts in the front top of the engine and is driven by a heavy duty serpentine type belt directly from the crank pulley.