• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost My Best Friend Today

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to put down my best friend, my Little Girl, Brandy today. She was almost 14 and had given me her very best her whole life. I am 71 and don't think I can train another to be like her.

She was a water dog but when in the field she made me proud. One time when she was still a pup, I had sailed a honker for over 1/2 mile. She ran it down and because it was too big for her to bring back she got on top of it and held it down until I got there.

Attachments

• Water Hose.JPG
    Water Hose.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Brandy 2 YO.JPG
    Brandy 2 YO.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 136

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry to hear it. You have my condolences. We did the same thing with our Misha on Saturday morning, she was just over 12.

The house is too quiet without dogs to keep you company.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what a pretty chocolate lab hoping mine will learn to appreciate gun shots so I can train him to retrieve

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost mine 6 weeks ago, unexpectedly to cancer of the mouth. 5 year old, and to young..

I will get another, but maybe not a puppy, if the right dog comes along..

I wish they could live as long as we do sometimes.

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry for you loss. She was a beauty. I love chocolate labs. My dad had them so they always give me good memories. It's so tough losing them. Take care.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Boss Dog was no replacement for my old dog MacArthur but I have noticed that all dogs have a different personality at the end of the day they just want to be your buddy as Kirk said I would not hesitate even at your age to find another buddy even if it means going to the shelter and getting an older Dog.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
As a fellow dog lover, they are the best friends anyone could ever ask for in this world. You have my condolences. I am very sorry to hear that but it sounds like your buddy had a great life and you had her for 14 awesome years. The memories.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like to think brandy's dancing with the wolves and having fun .
jim

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It always saddens me when I hear about someone losing their friend. It doesn't matter how many dogs you've had it's always gut wrenching. All my dogs have made to 12 or 13-years old and that's still 'way too short.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear. It's amazing how much our four legged friends become such a part of our family.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk