• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Soda Stream ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you tried one yet . We picked up one at Costco . I am impressed with the flavor of the finished product . So far , we have only tried the orange flavor .

Cost was $79 bucks . Looks like it will be a little less than buying the soda in cans . I like the fact ,that I can add or use less carbonation in the drink . The first drinks left me burping like crazy !!!:w00t2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen them at Costco but walked past the display.

What do they use to carbonate the water? Is it some sort of pre-charged cartridge? You say you can adjust the amount of carbonation, but can you also adjust the amount of flavoring?

Oh and can you make it only 1 glass at a time? Or is it fixed for a specific serving size?

Most importantly, do they have a Dr Rum flavor?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like a 1 liter bottle though there is a smaller bottle included. It comes with a flavor packet so I guess you could use less , if you wanted to . Pre charged cartridge ,I believe, is how it works . And I do believe you could set it up for Dr.Rums very easy .

Still playing with it :biggrin:. More updates as I go !

Edit : Here is the website :

Sodastream | Turn Water Into Fresh Sparkling Water And Soda

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got one and kinda like the thing. It uses a precharged CO2 cartridge. I don't think they sell spares. You have to bring the original cartridge back to be recharged, or so I was told.

They use a heavy duty plastic bottles in two sizes that you fill to a specified mark with water. Screw it on to the machine and press the button about 3 times for normal carbonation. You can press more or less as you please. The syrup bottles come with a marked cap/measure that you fill to the line and pour into the carbonated water. You can use more or less to taste.

Me, I've tried the Cola, Dr Pete, Pink Grapefruit, Orange and Lemon and Lime and actually liked them all. Oh, they were all diet so how the leaded stuff tastes, I don't know. Probably better but my wife won't let me find out.

Recommendation for Al: Make a bottle of Dr Pete, take a slug and fill back up to the mark with rum. The wife will never know. :yum:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Al where have you been the past 30 years we had one back in the early 80's...o yea you have been trying to fix that Krusty:yum::yum::yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If your CO2 cartridge runs out you can prollly drop in 2 alka seltzers and kill two birds at the same time. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz Oh what a relief it is. :yum: