• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Contest: Where is this snowy scene from?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll send some rep points to whoever can guess where this snowy picture is from. The closest guess wins.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking into My Crystal , Id guess that it's Al Gore's lake side Mansion in the year 2027.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The suspense is driving me nuts !

I looked all over the world for a ski area that had trees like that :flowers:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I'll give out rep points to everyone I can in this thread - just for participating! ;)

It's in Australia!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/...nent-wide-low-record-set-for-april/#more-7427

New Australian continent wide low temperature record set for April

29 04 2009 Minus 13 degrees - the coldest it’s been in April
From Weatherzone - Brett Dutschke,
Wednesday April 29, 2009 - 14:58 EST
Charlotte Pass, 1,837m, Snowy Mountains of New South Wales, Australia

A new Australian record was set early this morning, a temperature of minus 13 degrees, at Charlotte Pass on the Snowy Mountains.
This is the lowest temperature recorded anywhere in Australia in April and is 13 below the average. Nearby at Perisher it dipped to minus 11 degrees and at the top of Thredbo it dipped to minus 10.
Across the border, on the Victorian Alps April records were broken at Mt Hotham where it chilled to minus eight degrees and Mt Buller and Falls Creek where it got as low as minus seven.
A few other locations set April low temperature records also. In Tasmania Lake Leake was as cold as minus six, Sheffield and Dover both reached minus one and Flinders island got to zero. Hobart had its coldest April night in 46 years, recording a low of 1.7 degrees, seven below average.
While much of inland NSW and Victoria will be colder tomorrow morning than it was this morning under clearer skies, the Alps should be a little warmer due to a rise in humidity.
Note, all temperatures in the story above are in Centigrade. Photo and map added by Anthony. Here are the all-time highs and lows for the continent of Australia (source Perth Weather Center)
HIGHEST RECORDED TEMPERATURE:

• Oodnadatta, South Australia 50.7 C (123.3 F) on the 2nd January, 1960
LOWEST RECORDED TEMPERATURE:

• Charlotte Pass, New South Wales -23.0 C (-9.4 F) on the 29th June, 1994
While this is certainly a significant new cold record this early in Australia’s fall going on winter, one must always remember that weather is not climate. - Anthony
(h/t to WUWT reader “Chuck”)