• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lets be safe out there AKA rollover testing

Eric L

Site Supporter
I realize this isn't one of the nets hardcore 4x4 sites, but I thought I'd pass along some photos of one of my buddies truck that rolled over a couple years ago. this was on he Rubicon, June '03, the how and why he rolled is a whole 'nuther story. The damage to the truck is self explanitory.

I would hate to have to ride out a rollover in my Sno-Cat...I'd like to think the snow is soft (yeah,..OK), but that Chevy cab has a lot more steel in it than my Tucker does.

He was real lucky...no real injuries, but we had to lift the truck to get him out. Imagine your family truckster, snowcat, Subaru Forester, or whatever, with the wife and kids in it ....

lets be careful out there:soapbox:

Eric

:snow_smi:

Attachments

• 06220010sml.jpg
    06220010sml.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 179
  • 06220011sml.jpg
    06220011sml.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 06220001sml.jpg
    06220001sml.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 184

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow that looks like it hurt!!!!!! Looks like everything stayed tied down!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Your buddy is very lucky, seeing where the boulder went right in the door. I'm glad to hear he's ok.

I've always wondered - how do you get a big dead truck like that through the remaining obstacles and out of the woods?

cj7

Very lucky. I see that there was not a roll-bar installed in the rig. That would have helped so much! Having just a sheet metal cab does protect you.

As for getting them out of the wood. It can be really tough. It can take all night sometimes. I think the hardest part of this extraction would have been trying to use that steering wheel to steer the truck out. My bet is that it would still run and drive. Provided that the rad did not get taken out. It looks like the cab took the brunt of the force.

As it has already been said BE CAREULL out there no matter what type of rig your are exploring in!

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
cj7 said:
Very lucky. I see that there was not a roll-bar installed in the rig. That would have helped so much! Having just a sheet metal cab does protect you.

He now has a full tube buggy thing:thumb:

cj7

buggies are cool!

I watch them all the time while cometing in the stock class at UROC...

gettign rready to start building my own..

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Eric, your right we're not a hard core 4 x 4 site ...but we all enjoy the action shots, and it generates interest for our 4 x 4 forum. Please post as many pics as you can anytime you want. :thumb:
...and welcome to Jen's Jeep. I'm glad you came along with Eric to our corner of the internet. :a1: :beer: