• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Little Willy actually made it there and back

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Last year I took my 60's M38 Willys Jeep to two rallies and both times he ended up coming back by AA relay (rescue service). I took him to a one day rally in Monmouthshire, about 100 miles away, on Monday and he actually made it back - well nearly, we ran out of petrol about 4 miles from home, but after a drink he did get home under his own steam! I must admit that it had taken the AA (again) two hours to get him started in the first place, but after that he actually behaved himself! I really must look into getting the petrol guage working....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
I really must look into getting the petrol guage working....

Or take an extra (filled) 5 gallon can on your next journey! :yum:

The old vehicles are nice, but they are a bit harder to depend on when you stray away from home. I can't figure out why I can have something start up and run properly in my driveway, but when I am 30 miles away it becomes tempermental!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually it was the first time I didn't take a spare can of petrol, I remembered I hadn't got it with me when I was about 12 miles from home and didn't want to go back for it. It was sitting outside the back door on top of the barbecue! Will post a picture of Little Willy when the weather improves, it is horrible here today, grey and raining.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Little Willy went out again to another rally this weekend and made it there and back with no problems. I remembered to take extra petrol in the can, and topped up the petrol tank twice. I didn't take the camera, but someone I met at the rally took some photos of the jeep and I have copied them and post them here, especially for cj7 who is also into jeeps.

Attachments

• M3801.jpg
    M3801.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 158
  • M3803.jpg
    M3803.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 163

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, who made that Jeep? Is it a Mahindra made unit from India? Is it an American unit? What year? I know that many of the Jeeps in Europe were made under license by other companies.