• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

changing tire and wheel on SV300

clairpierce

OK all the cat experts out there I split a wheel on my bomb. SV 300 wondering if you can change the tire and wheel without pulling the track. It is the rear boggie . thanks for any help regards Clair Pierce

rfx

have done it but was tight , obviously after relaxing both tensioners and using a highlift jack or something like it to spread the track

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I helped with a BR-1XX at the winter clowder.

there were pry bars

bits of lumber

high lift jack

a bottle jack

a screw jack.

it was on a trailer

I do them on lmc's with a chunk of 4x4, and a bit of luck. let off the tension rotate the 4x4 vertical as a spreader.

out , in, retension.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw Mike beat me to it, here’s how I had it typed up. Same story, same results.:clap:

My front tire blew at the clowder, which would be the back tire on your machine. One of the middle wheels would be easier. It took a group effort (I still owe a round) involving high-lift, bottle, maybe even screw jacks, some chunks of wood, down pressure on the blade and lots of hands. We let the air out of the spare to shrink it down and put the bearing and seal on the shaft first to gain a little more space to slip the wheel in. It might have been -10 that morning, probably easier in a shop or on a warmer day. Solo it would probably worth taking the bolts out and opening up the tracks. There are photos out there....

clairpierce

thanks all. I may call it winter over (expect snowmobiling) do the job in the shop when it's warm and the rubber tracks will stretch a little and the fingers won't freeze. I have had a blast with this cat this year. (lots of recovery jobs) I would highly recommend a machine like this for a the casual cabin owner. Utah mountains still has about 200% normal snow. about 70 inches at my cabin at strawberry lake in Utah. Thanks again. Clair