• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tractors and machines scale models !

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That David Brown 1690 looks exactly like a tractor sold here by Case Equiptment in the 1980's..

We occasionally see David Brown tractors here, but not very often. Mostly the ones seen here are on the small side for farming here. Utility tractors are most often the models we see in the US midwest...

I have to wonder if Case didn't have some sort of an agreement with David Brown to sell their tractors in Europe.

Regards, Kirk

Metsaman

I think USA farmers use much bigger tractors than David Browns. Otherwise David Brown tractors was sell all over the world.

Case company byes David Brown company 1970's, then in 1985 they decided to close David Browns factory and ends tractors manufacturing.

I am farmer son and We have 9 David Browns tractors on 1950 - 1987 time period, so I love those David Brown tractors, sad that they have any more... :sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here in America we've had several tractor companies that don't make tractors anymore....

Interrnatinal harvester and Case are now owned by Fiat industrial. Oliver, Minniapolis Moline, Allis Chalmers are now all Agco owned, and the names are all gone now except for Massey Ferguson, and the "Challenger" tractors sold by Caterpillar.

I like the Caterpillar equitment. Built to last and last. My combine is a Caterpillar/Class, and I think it is a wonderfull machine. John Deere is still the biggest name in Farm equiptment here however...

Regards, Kirk

Metsaman

Here in Finland almost only Caterpillar machines are excavators and other earth moving machines.

We are here in Finland one tractor company and it make Valtra tractors, this days owned by Agco, John Deere have here forest machine factory that make forwarders and harvesters.