• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting ready for Spring/Summer

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Been threatening to build an outdoor kitchen and today I got a good start. Still have to hook up the gas, tile the top and put stone on the front and sides, but it's a good start.

Attachments

• tn_a 007.jpg
    tn_a 007.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 64

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great!

Will that fridge be OK year around or do you just leave it out in the summer?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Will that fridge be OK year around or do you just leave it out in the summer?
I was thinking of not even putting it in because the kitchen is just on the other side of the french doors and the big fridge isn't that far away. But we'll see...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where the fridge is, it looks like there's enough room to put in bracketing for shelves. In the times the fridge isn't there, you could have shelving for grill supplies or whatever.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you are off to a great start.

How do you like cooking with the big green egg?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Now that looks great !
I too have been dreaming of summer projects . First I need to get this medical issue resolved so I can go forward . I'm waiting on surgeons now to decide the course of action . in the mean time I walk around sick and no interest in doing much .
here's my summer list :
Complete one more 2 bedroom Apartment Remodel
Build a new 16'x 50' trailer snow shed cover.
Pressure wash and reseal/paint all exteriors of all the buildings
This is on top of a new 2800 sq.ft .home a friend wants built , A new barn for the neighbor , A remodel on another neighbors ranch hand bunk house ,
Geez .... where does the time go ......????:unsure:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You always have clever ideas Squerly. Perhaps there is a future for you in the construction Business.:yum::yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Been threatening to build an outdoor kitchen and today I got a good start. Still have to hook up the gas, tile the top and put stone on the front and sides, but it's a good start.

OK.... The Contractor side of me just kicked in . I think I already know your answer . Is your deck level or does it fall away for drainage from the house ?
The reason I ask is the siding line at the counter top appears to be about 1 " difference from one end to the other ...
I know:glare: ..... Mind my own Fucking business and stop asking questions.

Still Love me ??? :unsure:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you are off to a great start.

How do you like cooking with the big green egg?
I like it MD. I originally bought it because I got tired of buying a new BBQ every 2-3 years. There wasn't even much of a learning curve either, it's actually an easy switch. When you're done cooking you just close the bottom damper and the top vent and the remaining charcoal snuffs out and is ready for next time. Aside from the cost (which is way too much) it's a great BBQ.

You always have clever ideas Squerly. Perhaps there is a future for you in the construction Business.:yum::yum::yum:
You mean, after the bottled water and lump charcoal business, right? :biggrin:

OK.... The Contractor side of me just kicked in . I think I already know your answer . Is your deck level or does it fall away for drainage from the house ?
The reason I ask is the siding line at the counter top appears to be about 1 " difference from one end to the other ...
I know:glare: ..... Mind my own Fucking business and stop asking questions.

Still Love me ??? :unsure:
LOL, I'm the same way Al, something out of square drives me nuts! It's level, I just hadn't screwed the backer board down on that side when Trish took the picture. It'll be all better next shot!

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking of not even putting it in because the kitchen is just on the other side of the french doors and the big fridge isn't that far away. But we'll see...
Looks like another cool project. Keep the photo coming. Personally I would keep the fridge,just for the fact of saving a few steps to get a cold one while cooking.
BTW, what it that in the corner of your gutter?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like another cool project. Keep the photo coming. Personally I would keep the fridge,just for the fact of saving a few steps to get a cold one while cooking.

I bet that is a valley flashing deflector for when it rains really hard and tries to overshoot the gutter :unsure:

Reuben Goldberg

Looking good, Mr. squerly. A beautiful home you just built.

An outdoor kitchen is always a wonderful amenity. It's none of my business, but maybe mount a fire extinguisher in a handy location nearby. I'd hate to burn the place down.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
I bet that is a valley flashing deflector for when it rains really hard and tries to overshoot the gutter :unsure:
Makes sense. Didn't think about that being a valley.:unsure:Could be a lot of rain coming down there in a big down pour.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting closer... :smile:

As Al suggested, it's a valley flashing deflector for when it rains really hard and tries to overshoot the gutter.

Attachments

• tn_g 001.jpg
    tn_g 001.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15