• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker on eBay (not mine)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 0F08A8BA-8DF0-4C07-9FD2-2EB18CFF1709.jpg
    0F08A8BA-8DF0-4C07-9FD2-2EB18CFF1709.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
fyi, while no having 'cat in this fight', I do know the machine and owner well enough to tell you it is a really good machine and very good upper end restoration, he has spent $31,500 real money, and that does not count his labor...he did do a full tear down and complete rebuild of each and every part...

so do the math...

it is a no brainer...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
again I have no cat in this fight, really surprised that bidding is only at 15,315.00, seriously great value for the dollar spent, and truly a great machine for 50 cents on the dollar, and have no reason to help the seller out, just good machine for someone that wants to join the tucker mafia

undy

really surprised that bidding is only at 15,315.00, seriously great value for the dollar spent, and truly a great machine for 50 cents on the dollar,

Well, the reserve is still not met. So who knows how high it's got to go to actually sell.

However, it's still a wonder that the bid is not higher yet. It does look to be a nice machine.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
As with many auctions it never gets going till the end and there’s over 6 days left
On this one

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the owner goes by "Tucker"(Jesse Cook) on the forums, he has attended both mccall and timberline snowcat gatherings with this tucker and his 543

still I have no cat in this fight, but I am being drawn into helping him, and always willing to help when asked, so....

first, the reserve is $20K for the eBay auction, now here is the screaming Forums only deal/offer from "Tucker"(Jesse Cook) for the successful bidder who is a member of the forums, $5K down and 6 months to pay.

IMHO, that is a fair deal. good luck and looking forward to seeing the new owner on the snow soon

Last edited:

The Sweet Wbj1

again I have no cat in this fight, really surprised that bidding is only at 15,315.00, seriously great value for the dollar spent, and truly a great machine for 50 cents on the dollar, and have no reason to help the seller out, just good machine for someone that wants to join the tucker mafia

If the owner only visited the forum he would see it would be worth more if he took the engine out. :th_lmao:

Aaron Tucker

This will be interesting............
Maybe if t was in Colorado for the jamboree it could have sold. There where lots of offers being thrown around.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
It really does look like a nice machine! So often people cut corners on a project, but in this case it looks like there is a lot of attention to detail. In my opinion that's what separates "the men from the boys" so to speak on projects. (sorry PP, no gender offense intended).

This is but one example, but notice how it was completely disassembled and then painted. A ton more work, but that's the way it should be done. He even painted the grousers! Contrast that with machines that the painter can't even be bothered to remove the Tucker emblems.

I'm not wild about the exposed Boom Mat lined interior, but that said, it wouldn't be difficult to cover that with another more visually appealing upholstery material. When Scott and I started putting Thundercat together, we installed a competing sound deadening material and we were amazed at the difference. Lightly rapping our knuckles on a aluminum or steel panel, we'd get a loud "twang". Doing the exact same thing on a panel with the sound deadening material installed, resulted is a quiet and very solid sounding "thud".

The sad thing is few people appreciate how much more work, and how much more cost, it takes to do a project to this level. And even worse, almost no one is willing to pay for it. I sincerely hope he gets his price!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
that cat looked that good 20 years ago when it left upstate ny.-----got smashed on its way out west-----that cat won car shows before it left new York-----not worth 20 g-----------its a good looking old cat that's all

if I may, I do not believe the cat you are talking of and this one are not the same machine,

this machine came from the mid west 3 years ago, and was in good condition and showed no signs of damage, and most importantly, a full and true nut and bolt restoration was done in the last 2 years by Jesse Cook who is a nationally recognized for his restoration work and spent approx. $31,500 in real money.

so, if I am wrong, my apologies

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
This will be interesting............
Maybe if t was in Colorado for the jamboree it could have sold. There where lots of offers being thrown around.

sure looks like you are right about Jesse Cook should have brought it out to Colorado, it would be sold by now, you guying are killing it in the snow cat world.

Sno-Surfer

Time for the big bidders to step in...its just above $21k and I think that’s a deal!
Just a couple hours left....:hammer:

mikemikelle

Not me, but I get to admire it. Got my new neighbor hooked! Now the Thiokol Tucker duel will continue on the Plateau.

mikemikelle

Neighbor was the 1st bid, the reserve "off" bid, and the winner. He wanted it, and stayed with it the whole way.