• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not mine----1543 Tucker with blade

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting...

This link worked better for me:

https://logan.craigslist.org/snw/d/tucker1543-sno-cat/6589889570.html

That was my first Tucker. "Totally restored" is a bit of a stretch. It was originally a US Forest Service machine used at the Plumas National Forest in California. The engine was seized when Bill Guthrie bought it. He replaced the engine with a rebuilt one and I bought the machine from him.

When I sold it the machine had 820 hours or so (IIRC). I think the $29K price is very reasonable considering the desirability and rarity of the machine as well as its general condition. When you look at some other snowcat pricing, $29K is a bargain! If you are looking for a full cab Tucker with a blade...this is your chance. I bought that in 2008, and in the almost ten years since I haven't seen another...

Here's a document I made of the work I did prior to selling it .

1980 Tucker Model 1543

Serial Number: 3803553
[FONT=&quot]Work Performed Listed By System:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cooling System:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced all radiator hoses with Gates Rubber Co. hoses.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced all heater hoses with Gates “Green Stripe” premium heater hose. This includes hoses to the in-cab rear heater. Total length: approximately 25’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: All hoses were installed with marine-grade all stainless steel worm drive hose clamps (most hose clamps use a plated steel worm gear which rusts).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced engine thermostat and gasket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced leaking water pump gasket. Note: when gasket was replaced water pump and harmonic balancer pulleys were removed, media blasted and repainted prior to reinstallation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Refilled cooling system with new anti-freeze.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fuel System:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installed new fuel pump[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installed new fuel filters (2). Includes filter cartridge (by electric fuel pump) and in-line filter (by carburetor).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Disassembled, cleaned, inspected and tested electric fuel pump.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced rubber fuel lines (3) with new Gates Rubber Co. fuel line. (This was preventive: Back in 1980 gasoline did not contain ethanol. The ethanol can cause older rubber fuel line to break down. New fuel lines were installed with new stainless steel hose clamps (see note in cooling system).)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced gas cap on fuel tank [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Electrical System:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Replaced incorrect alternator brackets with correct brackets, spacers and bolts. (This aligns the alternator pulley with the water pump and harmonic balancer pulleys.) (These were also very difficult to find!) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced alternator (Had dented pulley which would lead to premature belt failure).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced inoperative taillights with new ones.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced inoperative back up light with new one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed existing roof lights and replaced with new Hella 500 series lights. Note: new Hella lights are wired correctly using a relay and color-coded wiring per Tucker’s wiring diagram. The wires that penetrate the roof are installed with rubber grommets to prevent leaks and protect the wires from chafing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced inoperative switches with correct Cole-Hersey lighted rocker switches.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced inoperative circuit breaker with correct Cole-Hersey circuit breaker.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Repaired inoperative engine instruments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Drivetrain:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Replaced clutch adjustment rod and adjusted clutch.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Drained, cleaned and re-filled front and rear differentials with new gear lube.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed and overhauled rear track carriers. Each wheel assembly was removed and thoroughly cleaned. Each bearing was inspected and replaced if necessary. Bearings were repacked with new grease and new seals (from Tucker) were installed. Castle nuts were replaced, if necessary, and new cotter pins were installed. Note: Tucker uses (and recommends) a special wheel seal, which they have custom made for them. These seals differ from a standard automotive seal in that Tucker uses a special urethane compound which performs better in cold temperatures than standard automotive rubber seals.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Front track carriers were inspected in place and not removed. However, each wheel assembly was overhauled as described above.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hydraulic System:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replaced all hydraulic return and supply lines (including lines to the hydraulic fluid cooler) with new Gates Rubber Co. hoses. New stainless steel hose clamps were also installed (see note in cooling system).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Various fittings were replaced as necessary.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Snow Dozer Blade:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Repaired (straightened) removable blade extensions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Repaired hydraulic leak. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cab Exterior:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed fixed “west coast” style mirrors and installed new swing-away mirror arms and mirrors. (This is the way the machine was originally delivered.) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed (non-Tucker) window upper hinges.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Holes in aluminum window frames (from mirrors and hinges) and door aluminum sheet metal were tig welded closed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installed aircraft aluminum patches on roof covering previous installation of various antennas and accessories. Patches were installed using aluminum blind rivets and sealant to prevent leaks.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed extraneous exterior hardware and welded holes closed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Complete exterior re-paint with catalysed PPG Industrial alkyd enamel paint. (Note: all exterior hardware such as lights, mirrors, weatherstripping, hood emblems, exhaust system, door handles, windshield wipers, roof rack, side cargo carrier and cab mounted roof access ladders were removed prior to repainting. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When exterior hardware was reinstalled (after repainting) new stainless steel bolts were used on the roof rack, cab mounted roof access ladders, rear door grab handle and door handles.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cab Interior:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installed aircraft aluminum patches covering previous holes in floor and cab bulkhead.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed all interior cab “insulation” (actually indoor-outdoor carpet).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Installed new marine-grade “insulation” (rubber backed carpet) on roof, side-walls, doors, and floor.[/FONT]

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I should probably add the gentleman I sold the machine to added the front Warn winch, and the exterior graphics. It looks like it's picked up an in-dash radio of some type as well.

The Sweet Wbj1

This is BY FAR the nicest Tucker with a blade that has come up for sale since I started looking for one ~3 years ago. Someone is going to get a real nice rig.