• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy crap I am getting old!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a yellow version that my buddy who worked at AMF/Harley with me owned. I had a magenta colored one and we used to pull some crazy shit with those cars. I got nailed for 127 in a 55 zone by a state trooper and was just getting ready to drop it in high gear. Had blown up my third locker with 4:88 gears and dropped a duster pumpkin with 3:23 gears in it. Had to have a personal interview with the assistant secretary of transportation to get my license back.:clap:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufEpb_WIR0&feature=fvwbrel"]Muscle Cars and Road Courses Make Unlikely Partners - TUNED - YouTube[/ame]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
YO Yea !!!! :clap:
Buddy had the same one in high school !!! Good times !:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
York US30 Dragway! South Mountain 1/8 mile. Used to run the road to nowhere over in Lancaster county till they finally finished it. Had a Stretch of I-81 east of Carlisle that was the same way. Lots of good but crazy times.:clap::clap:

TJE

GOLD Site Supporter
In the mid 60's a friend of mine owned a Dodge Challenger. Another friend had a Shelby Mustang, and a third had a Impala SS. Three of the many reasons that I am amazed that I survived my teens. They were sweet cars.

I drove a Chevy Corvair and a MG Midget. 4th and 5th reason.

Good times.

Tom

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i wanted a 67 impala ss but needed dad to co-sign for that big of a loan. He took one drive in it with that 396 and told me to stay with my old 57 chevy with a 283. So i ended up building it up to over 300 horses on the dyno at the vo-tech where I studied auto mechanics. Good times when we worked our asses off to pay for cars,booze and chicks!:whistling::clap::clap:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had a 69 Goat with a 400 full time 4 barrel on it. Automatic on the floor with a shift kit in it. Wished I had it yet as there was very few of them with factory air conditioning and hide away head lights.

36 hours after I sold it the kid that bought it totaled it. :ermm::ermm:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i wanted a 67 impala ss but needed dad to co-sign for that big of a loan. He took one drive in it with that 396 and told me to stay with my old 57 chevy with a 283. So i ended up building it up to over 300 horses on the dyno at the vo-tech where I studied auto mechanics. Good times when we worked our asses off to pay for cars,booze and chicks!:whistling::clap::clap:

I fondly call them the WWW days

Wine
Woman
Wheels

not necessarily in that order!

tom

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I had a 69 Goat with a 400 full time 4 barrel on it. Automatic on the floor with a shift kit in it. Wished I had it yet as there was very few of them with factory air conditioning and hide away head lights.

36 hours after I sold it the kid that bought it totaled it. :ermm::ermm:

Still got my '70

Stock 455 4 speed:

Pretty much unchanged from when I bought it in my younger daze !

Tom

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00037.JPG
    DSC00037.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 72

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This thread needs some cruising tunes!

Blackfoot- Highway song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGU6IDBOZQ&feature=related"]Blackfoot- Highway song - YouTube[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mary Jane's Last Dance- Tom Petty

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5pHM-o2_Dk&feature=related"]Mary Jane's Last Dance- Tom Petty - YouTube[/ame]