• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Tour Of Duty

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm starting this thread so those in the military can show what they did on deployment both mwr and work.This is open to all deployments not just recent ones i would love to see shots from veitnam and older too. i would request that pictures stay tastefull as war is not always pretty.and also others from other countrys feel free to post too soldiers are solders no matter what uniform you wear. here are some of my first pics i'm posting most of these were taken in kwait while on logistics runs and check out the armor on the 915 lie haul tractor cab i loved driving that truck had a 855 cummins with a real jake brake.

Attachments

• cammel 002.jpg
    cammel 002.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 228
  • trip 1 aarfjan 009.jpg
    trip 1 aarfjan 009.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 229
  • ied1.jpg
    ied1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 230
  • my truck.jpg
    my truck.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 225
  • petting dog.jpg
    petting dog.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 227
  • cammel 004.jpg
    cammel 004.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 232
D

darroll

This was a picture of us after the CID censored the photo.

Attachments

• tuyhoa.jpg
    tuyhoa.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 221

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you for your service :clap:

And thank you for the pictures !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don, you look more at home in Alaska than over there. Keep the pics coming. Darrol did they not allow any pics with personnel's faces?

D

darroll

It was frowned upon.

With Hanoi Hannah broadcasting our family history daily.
This was the only photo allowed from Phu Bai.

Attachments

• phu-Bai.jpg
    phu-Bai.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 213
D

darroll

This is my buddies Cobra.
Won't mention his name.
Notice the name on the side.

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 215

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
here's a few more the un autherized shop mascott dinky the hedghogg dinky eating a cammel spider another whole cammel spider and some more pics of me and the warrent i worked for at camp bucca.

Attachments

• DRUNK WELD TEAM.JPG
    DRUNK WELD TEAM.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 211
  • spider2.jpg
    spider2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 208
  • dinky 014.jpg
    dinky 014.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 207
  • dinky 008.jpg
    dinky 008.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 202
  • dinky 004.jpg
    dinky 004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 214
  • dinky 012.jpg
    dinky 012.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 210

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Here's a few from my deployment,

Attachments

• DSCN1078.jpg
    DSCN1078.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 201
  • CH53 Dead End.jpg
    CH53 Dead End.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 207
  • CA Mission at CMOC (38).jpg
    CA Mission at CMOC (38).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 205

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
A few more.

Attachments

• CH 46 Mosque.jpg
    CH 46 Mosque.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 187
  • n54302249_30288965_4038.jpg
    n54302249_30288965_4038.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Pepper & MIG.jpg
    Pepper & MIG.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN0464.jpg
    DSCN0464.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 183

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff, thanks guys, and thanks all for your service.
Great idea for a thread Don. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. :thumb: :D

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I worked in camp bucca maintainence activity but deployed with the first scout battallion alaska army national guard i only carried 2mos's 52d generator mechanic and 63-b wheeled vehicle mechanic

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
A few more.
some oof thoose pics broing back some memorys the sun going down on the guard towers i would have been going towork about then and the rainy season had brought some cool cloud formations on the persion gulf where i was we also got pea soup fog wich felt like you walked into a steam room when it rolled in and the duststorms where you walked around with glasses and and a rag over your mouth

D

darroll

God I guess memories.....

1st Signal Brigade.
DCO's and scatter radio.

loboloco

Thanks for your service guys. Unfortunately, most of my missions were photography prohibited. I have a few somewhere, will try to locate and publish.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have any pictures either :(

The only thing I had back then was one of those little Kodak 110 cameras. No idea where the pictures are.

Like most others, we were prohibited from photographing much. Back then, taking a picture of the flight line would get you in serious trouble. Things seem a little more lax in the post cold war era.

I do get a bit nostalgic when I see some of these. Those Vietnam era Cobra (AH-1J) were still in service but being phased out for newer models in the 80's.

I see the USMC CH-53's in Brents background. Were the Marines based in the same location as the Army?

D

darroll

In Nam we had some pretty good troops.
We also had other countries that helped us and also had fine troops.
The Koreans were great. (Rock and White Horse)
One night I was on perimeter guard. The word for the night was 500 Turks are leaving our compound after dark, and don’t shoot them.
By next morning we saw nothing and heard nothing. Makes you wonder.

D

darroll

I see the USMC CH-53's in Brents background. Were the Marines based in the same location as the Army?[/QUOTE]

Yes,
The Marines were on our Army base (1st Marine Division).

Their HQ was similar to the photo.

Attachments

• big-windy.jpg
    big-windy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 200
D

darroll

This photo of our taxi was also censored and I could never figure out why?

Attachments

• huey.jpg
    huey.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 200

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thanks to all sharing their service.....full respect to you all.

Thanks seems so little for all you do and have done.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This photo of our taxi was also censored and I could never figure out why?

Because the Huey driver isn't following the "follow me" truck?

Huey's and Cobra's are what I spent most of my time working on. Had a sting with EA-6B's but preferred the choppers.

D

darroll

I think we need a funny war story.
I was alone on an assignment to supply communications to the first Marine Division.
I stopped at their HQ for a few good men. The old man said, bring my Marines back in one piece or I will have you’re a$$. I asked if he could throw a corpsman (medic) in the deal. He answered with a hard no.
We got to our closest point we could drive to. I grabbed a heavy spool of dumbbell wirings and off we went laying wire the whole way.
We came upon a huge rice paddy. We had to cross it. Half way across the VC was shooting at us and the bullets would splash in the water around us. I said that when we get out of the water, break off in two columns and keep your butts down and we will just blend it with the razor grass.
We got up on the bank and one marine was yelling, corpsman and that he had been hit. We had no medic. And since I had first aide I crawled to the wounded Marine. I cut up the side of his boot where all the blood was coming from. I spotted a huge leech on his ankle, then I started to laugh.
The Marine got mad. He said I just had my foot shot off and you are laughing. I then pulled the leech off of the wound and used an old rag to clean up the blood on his ankle. I used a roll of Scotch 88 tape (black electrical tape) and taped his boot back on so he could walk. When we got back, he was going to report the worst medic that he ever saw. The army switchboards light up as they were looking for that inept US Army medic. They sent our outfit a bill for one pair of combat boots. I ordered the boots and the request was denied. The signal corps could only order telephone poles.