• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Museum

benz9

I know that a lot of the users of this forum are from south of the border to Canada, but I have to mention this in case you decide to come see our beautiful country by ways of the "Belle Province" of Quebec.
When the entire household left me alone for the whole weekend, instead of being a couch patato, I decided to take a trip east and check out a couple of bone yards for parts by way of stopping to see my Grandmother to wish her a happy 91st birthday. On Sunday, we checked Google maps and found that Valcourt is closer to Drummondville than I originally figured so I decided to go visit the museum of Josheph Armand Bombardier.
As stated in a post last winter by "Le Loup", you are asked not to take pictures in the museum, so no pics to go with this post.:sad: If you like snow cats and want to see how they went from a model-T Ford half track to a Muskeg tractor, that is what 2/3 of the museum is about with a beautiful display of all the vehicules and stories to go along with each one of them. All the rare Bombardier snow cats are there too, the mini-snowmobile, the baby carrier, a very special edition of the Muskeg tractor with many logging attachments. The other 1/3 of the museum is dedicated to the Ski-Doo and all other forms of it by other US and International companies. Not as interesting to me, but still worth the visit. They also have a temporary exhibit this summer all about tracks and sprockets, where you can see a longer version of the B-12 made into a tracked pick-up truck... and many more. I showed up at noon and had the museum to myself for over an hour! Upon leaving, I spoke with some of the staff and got the name/phone#/email of the gentleman who can tell me all the original colors the cats had back in the days. I also got a hint, if you go, try and go on weekdays, for an extra 5$, you get to visit the factory where they make Ski-Doos and Sea-Doos. They make Ski-Doos in the summer, so if you come up this summer, that's what you'll see.
It's far from the big cities that most tourists visit, but well worth the detour if you like snow cats. I recommend it!

bombthebest

Agree on that 100%. Visited it 2/3 times but, you need more then an hour
to see everything!.
I had the chance to visit the Prinoth factory too and THAT was a ball!!!.
Seen the new BR 500 with winch (officially called PR500 / Beast).
They were assembling Troopers and GoTracks too...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I know that a lot of the users of this forum are from south of the border to Canada, but I have to mention this in case you decide to come see our beautiful country by ways of the "Belle Province" of Quebec.
When the entire household left me alone for the whole weekend, instead of being a couch patato, I decided to take a trip east and check out a couple of bone yards for parts by way of stopping to see my Grandmother to wish her a happy 91st birthday. On Sunday, we checked Google maps and found that Valcourt is closer to Drummondville than I originally figured so I decided to go visit the museum of Josheph Armand Bombardier.
As stated in a post last winter by "Le Loup", you are asked not to take pictures in the museum, so no pics to go with this post.:sad: If you like snow cats and want to see how they went from a model-T Ford half track to a Muskeg tractor, that is what 2/3 of the museum is about with a beautiful display of all the vehicules and stories to go along with each one of them. All the rare Bombardier snow cats are there too, the mini-snowmobile, the baby carrier, a very special edition of the Muskeg tractor with many logging attachments. The other 1/3 of the museum is dedicated to the Ski-Doo and all other forms of it by other US and International companies. Not as interesting to me, but still worth the visit. They also have a temporary exhibit this summer all about tracks and sprockets, where you can see a longer version of the B-12 made into a tracked pick-up truck... and many more. I showed up at noon and had the museum to myself for over an hour! Upon leaving, I spoke with some of the staff and got the name/phone#/email of the gentleman who can tell me all the original colors the cats had back in the days. I also got a hint, if you go, try and go on weekdays, for an extra 5$, you get to visit the factory where they make Ski-Doos and Sea-Doos. They make Ski-Doos in the summer, so if you come up this summer, that's what you'll see.
It's far from the big cities that most tourists visit, but well worth the detour if you like snow cats. I recommend it!
hey i'm from west of the border but yes i still mesure distance in miles not klicks.

benz9

A few pics from outside...not much...:sad: Although everything is in French, the museum is fully bilingual.
Bombthebest, where is the Prinoth factory and what does it take to get in? I had just crossed off something on my "things to do before I die" list and you have just added one. I've convinced my boss to let me go work in Drummondville for a couple of days...:flowers: I will drop into the bone yard there and also visit the one in Louiseville (see lespac.com) He apperently has lots of wheels and sprockets??? :brows:

Attachments

• IMG00104-20100613-1159.jpg
    IMG00104-20100613-1159.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG00105-20100613-1200.jpg
    IMG00105-20100613-1200.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 859

ray green

Prinoch plant is the old bombardier plant in granby. Go north from exit 68 on hwy 10 you will see the plant from the road on your right. about 6 km approx from hwy 10.It is after industrial blvd. Turn right at the next light then turn right again the plant is on your left now.
Ray

Laurentian

Up for an interesting post for a newbie.
Anyone know where the boneyard is in Louiseville ?
Found out someone bought a Tucker in that area in
2003 and I think that is the on on youtube at the
St-Raymond GTG. I am 2 hours away and would like
to sniff around.