• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Consensus on OC-12 Fluid?

akmountaineer

Is there any consensus on what type of fluid to run in an OC-12? The manual calls for Conoco DN-600 which is no longer available. Some appear to be running 5W-30 synthetic motor oil, some tractor hydraulic / transmission fluid, and others 80 - 90W gear oil. Obviously there's a huge difference between all of these, so what's the current line of thought?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
from what I have learned is tractor hydraulic fluid that has a to-4 rating, I use amzoil power shift fluid, it's a synthetic. I believe you get what you pay for with synthetics

Dr. Zaugg

absolutely NEVER use 80/90. NEVER! within a few hours you will begin to loose your steering as the brake bands do NOT like ANY TYPE of gear oil. I personally like the farm tractor hydraulic and transmission oils. AND Over fill it by a gallon or two.
Paul