• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Guess who UAW is putting their full court press on

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What automaker has made the largest gains lately? Hint, think M'dad. Yup, the UAW is all over VW and really hammering VW workers at the Chattanooga, TN plant with promises of more pay, more days off, better health benefits and arbitration with the union before VW could fire any worker.

Funny, but I can't see anything about this that will be good for consumers or VW. There again, look what the UAW got by with at GM. Oh, BTW, all those 'New GM' vehicles seem to be having reliability issues. How surprising...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
What the VW employees need to understand is joining the UAW means more pay per hour, less hours worked, way less hours worked taking home probably around 60% of what they made before, VW starts selling less cars due to competition and the snow ball effect keeps going. All the while this is happening the UAW top dogs are getting rich.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What the VW employees need to understand is joining the UAW means more pay per hour, less hours worked, way less hours worked taking home probably around 60% of what they made before, VW starts selling less cars due to competition and the snow ball effect keeps going. All the while this is happening the UAW top dogs are getting rich.

Aww, c'mon! You are using logic!! The UAW does not allow that.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If, and this is a big if, American manufacturing ever gets back on it's feet, the UAW will play no part in it. Personally, I refuse to purchase an automobile made by them now. I have bought them in the past, but no longer.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
If, and this is a big if, American manufacturing ever gets back on it's feet, the UAW will play no part in it. Personally, I refuse to purchase an automobile made by them now. I have bought them in the past, but no longer.

I will still buy Ford since they did not steal from their stockholders. GM and the corrupt UAW can go directly to hell! I will never buy GM or Chrysler again. It may be wrong, but I have to laugh at the morons who bought a 'New GM' vehicle only to now discover it is a shit product with many corners cut to allow Government Motors to show a false profit. It's a 'false' profit because they still owe tens of billions that they have just swept under the rug. Their poor quality vehicles made with shoddy workmanship are really starting to bite them. Even with the NoBama administration and liberal media helping them hide these ugly worts, the truth about their pathetic vehicles is getting out. VW workers would have to be brain dead to even talk to the UAW!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I will still buy Ford since they did not steal from their stockholders. GM and the corrupt UAW can go directly to hell! I will never buy GM or Chrysler again. It may be wrong, but I have to laugh at the morons who bought a 'New GM' vehicle only to now discover it is a shit product with many corners cut to allow Government Motors to show a false profit. It's a 'false' profit because they still owe tens of billions that they have just swept under the rug. Their poor quality vehicles made with shoddy workmanship are really starting to bite them. Even with the NoBama administration and liberal media helping them hide these ugly worts, the truth about their pathetic vehicles is getting out. VW workers would have to be brain dead to even talk to the UAW!

You are not wrong. Yes, I too like Ford trucks. I have one now and it has been a real nice vehicle.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Being in the auto repair business, I wouldn't own a new ford if it were given to me. Plastic crap. Poor engineering, poor assembly craftsmanship, poor value. GM is worse.

Government money or not, ford is crap.

It saddens me greatly to know that the communist, collectivist union-ites now have VW in their sights. Everything that unions touch is crap.

I'll keep my old vehicles.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Being in the auto repair business, I wouldn't own a new ford if it were given to me. Plastic crap. Poor engineering, poor assembly craftsmanship, poor value. GM is worse.

Government money or not Ford is crap
I'll keep my old vehicles.

Well with our Fleet of 40 plus vehicles I would tend to disagree with you. We have much better luck with the Ford vehicles and there for is now the majority of our vehicles. GM fills the rest of our fleet. We have one Nissan.