• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I knew it would come to this

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Diana flew out of here - Her last words were: "It's obvious you don't want me here"
What happened: She was bitching about being broke.
AND that since I claimed her on my taxes - it cost her 2,000 dollars.!

Wrong. By claiming her as a dependent - I got the tax credit.

There is no way that she could get that kind of refund.

I paid this:

1) Rent
2) electricity
3) Phone
4) internet
5) Food
6) Laundry
7) tampons for her period
8: All the bills to keep a household going.

What does she do with her money?

borrow 500 to a bf that will never pay her back - borrow 300 to another bf that won't pay it back - Lock up 500 into a phone plan for a year - and maybe get it back. - I'm done!~~~\

?Offer Dad a dimes worth of money t words electricity? While I run around the house - shutting off the lights in rooms where no-one is in?

One needs to pay for the basic necessities before you bitch about being broke.

loboloco

Change the locks. And I hope you told her not to let the door hit her in the a** as she left.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Diana flew out of here - Her last words were: "It's obvious you don't want me here"
What happened: She was bitching about being broke.
AND that since I claimed her on my taxes - it cost her 2,000 dollars.!

Wrong. By claiming her as a dependent - I got the tax credit.

There is no way that she could get that kind of refund.

I paid this:

1) Rent
2) electricity
3) Phone
4) internet
5) Food
6) Laundry

What does she do with her money?

borrow 500 to a bf that will never pay her back - borrow 300 to another bf that won't pay it back - Lock up 500 into a phone plan for a year - and maybe get it back. - I'm done!~~~

?Offer Dad a dimes worth of money t words electricity? While I run around the house - shutting off the lights in rooms where no-one is in?

One needs to pay for the basic necessities before you bitch about being broke.

Do you want me to move this to the Rants and Raves section ? I think you posted in the wrong area . I just don't see happiness in this thread ??????

loboloco

Do you want me to move this to the Rants and Raves section ? I think you posted in the wrong area . I just don't see happiness in this thread ??????
Maybe he's happy he has his place back? And he won't be spending money on an ungrateful person anymore.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Who the hell needs professional help at $90.00 dollars an hour - when it is dam near free hear?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Find her an apartment.
Does she have a job?

Then teach her all about:

1) Rent
2) electricity
3) Phone
4) internet
5) Food
6) Laundry

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Does she want to work or go to school?(may have to do both) she has certain choices in life and the choice's made now can affect her life later,

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Find her an apartment.
Does she have a job?

1) Rent
2) electricity
3) Phone
4) internet
5) Food
6) Laundry

you guys forgot the most important thing
BIRTH CONTROL

(from a person who is raising grand kids)
My daughter would be out of our house if it wasn't for the 2 rug rats

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She'll be back. The question is what will you do when she shows up? I think she needs to rough it for awhile!

loboloco

tsaw. until reality gives her a real hard smack in the forehead, she won't understand. Even the best raising of a kid can't substitute for a good, hard reality check. I wish it were different, but there are some lessons everybody has to learn on their own. It seems Diana is one of those who is going to have to learn the reality of finances the hard way. Yes, you could ease her pain now, but it only prolongs the long term pain for both of you.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Parents have but one duty. That is to teach your children to take care of themselves when you are gone. Everything else is gravy.

If she has not learned that lesson by now, she has to learn it the hard way. tough love is the only answer that I can think of.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be the 4th or 5th to agree that it is time for the tough love option. It is hard for any parent to do but to often that is what it takes to make them appreciate what all you have done for them.

As for her giving / lending her money to her boy friends ... tell her to watch judge judy for a few days. I'd bet she'd see other gals who lent money to their BF's who are no longer their BF's and now they consider the money a 'gift' :yum:

She has a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully she'll be one of the ones who once they hit 25 are simply amazed by how smart her dad got over the years from her being 18 to 25 (when really it is simply her realizing the ways of the world and how to take responsibility for herself). And at that point she'll be your daughter and friend again. This is the tough time. You must stand firm. Don't be played. I wish you the best of luck with the whole situation.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to here Tom Really, but I stick to my guns like I said before , CHANGE the locks . That makes much more of a statement that the well has ran dry then anything you could say . I been there done that. Best of luck to you . :wink:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
All kidding aside with my middle daughter we had an issue with I went and rented her a efficiency paid for for 3 months out of my pocket and told her she was on her own after that she learned a fast lesson about how expensive her life style her and changed to live with in her budget.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Find her an apartment.
Does she have a job?

1) Rent
2) electricity
3) Phone
4) internet
5) Food
6) Laundry

If you make her get an apartment and then leave her on her own she'll automatically learn about all of the above; no further teaching from you required. It's a bitch having to do this, but it may very well be the only way that reality will sink in. And the suggestion about changing the locks may seem brutal, but it is also a good idea.

Sadly, most people never learn from the experiences of others: if they learn at all it is from the world giving them their own set of lumps.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If you make her get an apartment and then leave her on her own she'll automatically learn about all of the above; no further teaching from you required. It's a bitch having to do this, but it may very well be the only way that reality will sink in. And the suggestion about changing the locks may seem brutal, but it is also a good idea.

Sadly, most people never learn from the experiences of others: if they learn at all it is from the world giving them their own set of lumps.

I wouldn't go so far as changing the locks.
Why, I don't know.
That seems a little harsh to me.

Tommu mentioned birth control.
I pray she is already doing something to keep herself from getting into an even deeper predicament, raising a child at such a young age, and with what appears to be a hissy fit when Daddy doesn't wipe her butt.
Nothing hurts me more than seeing a child trying to raise a child.
Actually, I gave birth to my eldest son Jeff when I was 18.
Times were different back then, and I was a helluva lot more mature than your average 18 y/o gal.