• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

track snowblowers

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Honda and their hydrostatic drive models the best any blower that is mtd based will have friction drive and must be stored in a garage or it wont work during the next use until it is thawed

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a MTD Troy Built. I keep in a heated shop, and get along well with the friction drives. But Don is correct, they are not anything like a hydro drive.

Much better than wheels, the tracks let you adjust how high you want to cut. On the high setting, I can skim over the grass in the yard for trails for our pets. And do so with only one hand on the machine...

Regards, Kirk

jwstewar

I bought Dad a tracked drive snowblower in the early 90s from MTD (before I knew what MTD stood for), he didn't use it but 2 or 3 times, but every time he did, the "Guts" would fall out from under it. He would put it back together and use Loctite only for it to do it again. When I passed I brought it home and put it back together again, I used Hi-Strength Loctite. I've used it a few times now and it is staying together this time. It works pretty well, I can clear the driveway 2x faster with that 28" width than I can with the 5' blade behind my tractor and it is clearer - just don't use it if it is windy, you'll be a snowman. I have yet to see it not be able to push it's way through something. I need to pull the carb off the Tecumseh engine and clean it as it is a bit rough running - but with the electric start on it, it always starts and runs - albeit rough.