Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Pets & Livestock Forum

Pets & Livestock Forum Pets, Livestock and other animals

Old 11-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Forum Admin

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,037 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Bear baiting in Meigs county Ohio

From the title, I thought bear baiting would be like a deer plot, one puts food out to draw in the bear. Wrong. It's more like cock fighting ..see below for details.
Some sickos out there.

Just down the road from me. I had never heard of this. Had you?

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/...-meigs-county/

POMEROY, Ohio — A Meigs County man and West Virginia residents face potential felony charges after authorities interrupted an alleged event where hunting dogs were attacking a caged bear.

According to a release from the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office, the Ohio Department of Agriculture’s Enforcement Division executed a search warrant along with deputies on Saturday at the residence of Clinton Bailey on Bush Road in Long Bottom. Bailey is a dangerous wild animal (DWA) permit holder who owns a bear and was allegedly charging people $20 per dog to release the canines inside an enclosure to attack the bear.

The practice, illegal under Ohio Revised Code, is known as “bearbaiting.”

Bailey, his juvenile son, seven men, two women and eight children were present at the event, the release says. Most of the participants were from West Virginia, it says.

At least one child “was observed inside an unapproved enclosure while dogs were attacking the loose bear,” the release says. Two of the males also were in possession of handguns.

“Significant video footage” of the activity was obtained by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drone Team, the release says, with the Washington and Jackson County Sheriff’s Offices providing tactical assistance. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Ohio State Highway Patrol also assisted.

The bear was seized by DWA program personnel. Possible charges against Bailey and all spectators present will be presented to the Meigs County prosecutor for grand jury consideration, the release says.

Other Fun Forums:

Net Tractor Talk + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
Old 11-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

bczoom will become famous soon enoughbczoom will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: Bear baiting in Meigs county Ohio

I have a problem with the point but also have a serious problem with this.

“Significant video footage” of the activity was obtained by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drone Team

Why does the Sheriff's department have drones?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Forum Admin

Good question Brian. Franklin county is Columbus area why in the world would they have a drone over this action? I would guess Meigs county sheriff requested assistance to gather the evidence.
But that should open ones eyes. Big brother could be watching you when you least expect it.

Other Fun Forums:

Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 PM

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road

They have multiple task forces all over Ohio. Some have drones, others use planes, helicopters or dogs. They cooperate with other jurisdictions. The layout of the premises may not have allowed the local law enforcement to gather evidence safely, so they call in another jurisdiction to help out. Drones help out a lot when looking for pot growing operations.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post
They have multiple task forces all over Ohio. Some have drones, others use planes, helicopters or dogs. They cooperate with other jurisdictions. The layout of the premises may not have allowed the local law enforcement to gather evidence safely, so they call in another jurisdiction to help out. Drones help out a lot when looking for pot growing operations.
I had not considered drones searching for marijuana .. but we used to see helicopters every fall flying all over the area. Saw them land and DEA ground crew met them and hauled out some pot. But the last couple years I did not notice them. Thought it was because of lack of funds, or lack of pot growing so they quit.

Ha ...jokes on me. I bet the drones are in action flying over and they are in vans or cars somewhere viewing safely from the ground. Duh. I should have thought of that.

Other Fun Forums: