• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blizzard!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Coming for us in the Northeast Mon-Wed. Al Gore could NOT be reached for comment. :yum::biggrin:

juno.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
- 20 here right now supposed to be going to - 30 tonight feels like I'm living with my ex wife again.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
30 degrees and a fresh 1/2" of snow here.

Basically NOTHING TO REPORT from the tip of Lake Michigan.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
- 20 here right now supposed to be going to - 30 tonight feels like I'm living with my ex wife again.

LOL, only -5 here right now, going to go down to -15 so a little warmer then you. I am looking forward to this Nor'easter as I am somewhat of a weather freak with my own weather station. This cyclone is going to be a good blow and should give us a barometric pressure of around 960-980 millibars which is getting into hurricane territory. Gotta be a little weird to like this shit I guess. :unsure::wink:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i got bitched @ fer not having 1 of my wool jackets on. i promptly got 1. is a 'lil chilly, i suppose, here. slush concerns me further than snow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
i got bitched @ fer not having 1 of my wool jackets on. i promptly got 1. is a 'lil chilly, i suppose, here. slush concerns me further than snow.

Stay warm! No need to be catching a cold or worse the flu. That sucks. Last time I got the flu I thought I had friggin ebola I felt so shitty. Almost ready to take the gas pipe. :wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mix of rain and sleet moving through the southern Ohio valley. Heading north east where it will mostly turn to snow. Going to be a nasty one. Be careful out there.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Folks....we all need to thank our lucky stars for global warming..........Just think how cold it would be without it!!!!!!:yum:

Hope NY enjoys deblasio !!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our temps and snowfall this year are right messed up. The other day it was -35C. The following day it was +4C. Here we are in the last week of January and we have a grand total of 4" of snow on the ground.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
+19F with a light dusting of the white stuff overnight. Tapering of this morning then seasonable the rest of the week. A bunch of schools in Central Ohio are closed today because of the weather...the same type of weather we used to go to school in. We walked 1/4 mile to the bus stop, then prayed the bus wouldn't be able to make it up the hill, which it always seemed to do. :sad: What a bunch pussies they're turning our kids into.:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx, leni. great, here. a dab slippy & kina bitter-cold, tho we get through that stuff. we have wool & we've got boots to trudge through weather in.

summer is too soon 4 me. then we'll be bitching over how humid it's gotten, & i'll be on my way to a pool~ then to get a margarita. or 7.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not exactly a blizzard, but I think we're going to get a little snow.
Or a lot, or not. :yum::whistling:

Forecast keeps changing!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
21° right now with snow. We have about 3" right now, looking for snow up to 12" before it ends late tonight. Tomorrow we have flurries and a high of only 18°

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have 9" on the ground now.

NWS says we should get 12-15" by the time it ends.

Heaviest snow is projected to start about 2pm with blizzard / whiteout conditions got a few hours. I'm not planning to get the tractor out until about 4pm. It will still be light for about an hour so I should be able to get most of it cleared before the sky is dark.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
CLeared the drive and walks and about 400' of sidewalks in front of 4 houses so the kids have a better path to the bus stop. Takes around a half hour with the new machine. Got done at 2:30 and have almost 3" additional in the last 90 minutes. Probably do it once more around 9pm, then again in the morning before the wife leaves for work. It's kind of pretty with the big, puffy flakes coming down, and piled high on the branches of the weeping cherry out side of the bay window. Very little wind and 32F.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just cleared my drive, and several of the neighbors.

I'm expecting bourbon & cookies.

If they don't bring the bourbon I can just as easily put the snow back on their driveways.

Blizzard warning is in effect until Midnight. Wind is picking up. Temps are dropping. Figured I would get the bulk of the snow off before the weather turned too cold/winds too strong.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate f*$&$&g extreme temp changes. Still barely any snow here. In the past week we went from -30C to +4C back down to -28C. Being right beside the big lake (superior) and little to no snow to absorb the moisture in the air just plain sucks. Old war injuries are hurtin big time this week. Can barely lift my arm

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
No temp swings here. Just cold. Well below zero tonight with 18 inches of snow coming in the morning.

Keep that arm warm fella.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
freezin' rain, earlier-- now we have calm, slightly chilly weather. me & my pal were debating how to get to in sans slipping on now-ice. we got snow & then freezing rain. ugh.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Officially the Detroit Metro area got 16.3 inches of snow, but where I live in the burbs we got about 13". More snow flurries today with a high of 18°. Temps will fall through the day though.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
17.5" at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
National Weather Service listed 19.5" for Chicago
We got about 18" down here in NW Indiana.

View from the kitchen window back toward the pool and my workshop, yard is too deep for Misha to roam, she stays on the path, which I shoveled late yesterday, so that is about 8" deep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 190

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
freezin' rain, earlier-- now we have calm, slightly chilly weather. me & my pal were debating how to get to in sans slipping on now-ice. we got snow & then freezing rain. ugh.
Yea, our area is SCREWED.

1/2 inch of rain last night on top of the 4" of snow we got yesterday. Tons of slush everywhere this morning. Then, starting about 7AM, temps start falling quickly. It was 34° at sunrise now it's below 20°.

We have about an inch of ice on everything. Thankfully, the power has stayed on.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Storm is raging here at the moment. -5F temperature and snowing about 2 inches per hour. So much for the theory that it can be too cold to snow. No wind so that is a plus.

Gonna just kick back, feed the stoves and maybe take a nap. Clear the snow when the storm blows over. Life is good.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, our area is SCREWED.

1/2 inch of rain last night on top of the 4" of snow we got yesterday. Tons of slush everywhere this morning. Then, starting about 7AM, temps start falling quickly. It was 34° at sunrise now it's below 20°.

We have about an inch of ice on everything. Thankfully, the power has stayed on.
When clearing snow, the first to be cleared is the patio and path to where the generator gets wheeled to and connected...just in case!

We had about 14" since it started yesterday, and I just got through clearing a neighbor's driveway of 14". They are on vacation, and coming back tonight, so I didn't think they would want to have to clear snow after 9pm and a day long drive. Love my new snow blower...it's a beast!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We got about 6 inches, and dodged the bullet this time.
Up where my boys are, they got a foot.

The groundhog needs some buckshot in his ass...:smile:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When clearing snow, the first to be cleared is the patio and path to where the generator gets wheeled to and connected...just in case!

We had about 14" since it started yesterday, and I just got through clearing a neighbor's driveway of 14". They are on vacation, and coming back tonight, so I didn't think they would want to have to clear snow after 9pm and a day long drive. Love my new snow blower...it's a beast!

My neighbor thought his was too...

But his drive was 4-5 ft deep for 60 feet or so. I pulled up with my 150HP 9' blower and he smiled like I haven't seen him for a long time. Two quick passes and down the road I went...:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My tractor and blower (Buhler/Farm King 600) are smaller, but I had the same effect on several of my neighbors when I found them outside this morning with little push blowers that were straining. My blower has drift busters that reach up to about 4.5' and I had a couple places that strained my tractor/blower but it got through them.

Never could figure out why someone who is surrounded by fields, has a 150' or longer driveway, would buy one of those tiny snowblowers that is designed for little suburban lots . . . but several of the folks up and down my road have those tiny things. Not sure that some of those small blowers could have actually completed those drives today. We had about 8 to 12" of heavy/wet snow under a 6" layer of powder snow since the temps dropped about 1/2 way through the storm.

Leni

Oh my. You folks really caught it.

I shouldn't tell you this because you are going to form a posse and hunt me down but it is Spring here. My Chinese Magnolia tree is blooming, the roses are leafing out, and the birds are singing while they gather nesting material.