• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Windows 7 - worth buying a "spare" copy?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have yet to hear anyone say Windows 8/8.1 is better than Windows 7.

Considering buying a "spare" copy of Windows 7 for whatever the family's next computer may be.

Thoughts?

Family's computers are currently:
Several with XP (and I'd say only 1 has the balls to upgrade).
2 with Vista (Kids computers but can't do much and expect to have to upgrade for school)
2 with Win 7.
None with Win 8+ :)

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd say no. Windows 8.x has 2 interfaces -- the new one designed for touch screens and another that parrots its predecessors. I use the "old looking" one (cause I'm "old looking" too) and it works just fine. The only thing I added was Live Mail (downloaded for free from Microsoft) since I don't want my email to go through my Microsoft account.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So 8.2 can be made to look like previous releases of Windows (Your parrot statement).

I have a touch screen (all-in-1 computer) and don't like it. You sneeze or a bug is drawn to it and all hell breaks loose.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
So 8.2 can be made to look like previous releases of Windows (Your parrot statement).

Dunno about 8.2, but as for 8 and 8.1, yes.

I have a touch screen (all-in-1 computer) and don't like it. You sneeze or a bug is drawn to it and all hell breaks loose.

Is it running W8x? Can't you calibrate the screen's sensitivity?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All-in-one is running Win 7. Yes, can calibrate.

I bought this mainly because of footprint. I don't even like taking my hands off the keyboard to reach for the mouse, let alone reach up to touch the screen.