• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello FF,

Gunsrus

I'm a follower of the belief that might makes right. Guns are one of the best tools to apply force. They've historically proven their worth, time and time again. We won the the wars we've fought because of the arms we invented and developed. Civil liberty is at its highest because guns paved the way for it. We wouldn't be as worthy of praise as a species without them.

I'm well read about guns, from World Wars 1 & 2 to the present. I've got a good working knowledge about gun construction and operation, from the flintlock to the fully automatic. Ask me something about guns and I'll do my best to answer.

Long live the gun. :smile:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning! Welcome to the FF.

I think most of us a serious gun owners here, some of us gun collectors, many here own NFA weapons.

Gunsrus

Thanks.

Good morning! Welcome to the FF.

I think most of us a serious gun owners here, some of us gun collectors, many here own NFA weapons.

Good to know, Melensdad. I own a replica of a flintlock pistol, mini replicas of a Browning HP, Beretta M93R and a VK70, but I I've not had the pleasure of purchasing or collecting any life size gun models. I hope to, some day.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Gunsrus. Welcome to forumsforums. I'm glad you found us.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Thanks.

Good to know, Melensdad. I own a replica of a flintlock pistol, mini replicas of . . .

Mini Replicas are actually pretty awesome. I've seen some that are amazing in detail, some that actually fire mini-cartridges.

I had the pleasure of touring the British Royal Arsenal and some British museums that have some mini-Replicas. While I was recently in Spain, I sadly didn't have a chance to visit any firearms museums there.

Me, I've got a fairly large collection of one particular brand of 1911 pistol. I collect Detonics CombatMaster pistols. My collection is supposedly one of the larger collections in the world, but I don't claim that, its just been said about my collection by others. I do have some very rare variants, several non-cataloged variants, and even a prototype and the first ever production pistols of the newest variation.

I also dabble in building AR15s and keep 6 to 10 of those around in various calibers and configurations. I've built or help build over 100 over the past half dozen years. My favorites are chambered in for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, which, I believe, maximizes the utility of the AR15 platform. The little 6.5 Grendel is not the 'best' cartridge in the world, but inside of the limitations of the AR15's super-short chamber, there is nothing that delivers the combination of advantages better than the 6.5 Grendel round.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome - OK I will ask you a question. What handgun was used (officially issued) by both the Allies and the Axis in WW II?