• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I moved!!!

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Hy all, well the city finally wore off this country boy....After living on Brier creek in Ga for 62 years my wife and I decided to go to Houston for 5 years...We stayed 8 and a half..
We have left Houston and moved to my wife's birthplace of Aiken sc....We kept coming back here for funerals so we thought we might as well come on back for ours too......We didn't stop in Ga, we came on over the Savannah river into Aiken co.....My Son lives in our little cabin on Brier creek and maintains it so we just didn't want to disturb him....
After 2 weeks of unpacking we still are not through....A lot of stuff that was valuable to us in Houston seems like trash now......We bought a little house on the hill which seemed big enough when we were looking at it, but now it seems a bit tight.....It is far enough out in the woods that I can pee off either porch and not have Mama fuss at me....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate to getting out of the city and the traffic and the other crap that goes on there. Welcome back to the hills!:clap:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Good move Duflochy, I'll bet you're glad to be out of the city mess. I know I sure am.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good move Duflochy, I'll bet you're glad to be out of the city mess. I know I sure am.
Same here. We moved out of the big city 15 years ago. Best move we could have made for sure. :thumb:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. We moved out of the big city 15 years ago. Best move we could have made for sure. :thumb:

That's about how long it is since we moved Doc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed living in Dallas at the time. Would I go back? I don't think so. Even have my plot all picked out. That'll be my last move. :yum:

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I fished the Edisto bout 5 or 6 times years ago, we always went after a good rain anytime of the year.....I have fished it thinking I would freeze and when it was hot.....I always came home with more fish than I wanted to clean.......