• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi from London, England.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi there. Welcome to Forums Forums. I'm glad you found us.

Yes indeed, all kinds of topics. Please feel free to jump right in and participate wherever the topic interests you.

Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Pretty Flamingo

Thanks Doc. There are sections that I would not be interested in but I registered because I saw some that I would be. Thanks again for the welcome message.

Pretty Flamingo

Because American bacon sucks. :hammer:

Welcome. What part of England?

Oh, I didn't know that. Then you have a chance to eat imported bacon then?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in inner London about five miles from the centre.
Oh, I spell words the English way just in case you think I can't spell!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, I didn't know that. Then you have a chance to eat imported bacon then?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in inner London about five miles from the centre.
Oh, I spell words the English way just in case you think I can't spell!

That's cool. I lived in South Kensington and then just off Baker Street before moving all the way out to Chorleywood in the country.

Don't worry about the spelling. I have flahbacks on occasion too and noboby corrects me. Hell, nobody can spell here anyway. :biggrin:

Pretty Flamingo

That's cool. I lived in South Kensington and then just off Baker Street before moving all the way out to Chorleywood in the country.

Don't worry about the spelling. I have flahbacks on occasion too and noboby corrects me. Hell, nobody can spell here anyway. :biggrin:

Three lovely places to live (especially Baker Street).

I get teased about my spelling. Also about the fact we drive on the 'wrong' side of the road etc. It is all in good humour.

Leni

Three lovely places to live (especially Baker Street).

I get teased about my spelling. Also about the fact we drive on the 'wrong' side of the road etc. It is all in good humour.

Welcome. I stepped off the curb in London and almost got hit because I forgot that little detail. :flowers:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome. I stepped off the curb in London and almost got hit because I forgot that little detail. :flowers:

Me too. You learn fast to look right first, then leftt, which is completely different from what we're used to in the US.

I did not attempt to drive in England. I'm a bad enough driver in the US and know I would have wrecked driving on the other side of the road. Riding in a taxi scared me enough.

Bob

Pretty Flamingo

Me too. You learn fast to look right first, then leftt, which is completely different from what we're used to in the US.

I did not attempt to drive in England. I'm a bad enough driver in the US and know I would have wrecked driving on the other side of the road. Riding in a taxi scared me enough.

Bob

Yes, it is hard. If I go to Europe I have to remember to look the opposite way when crossing the road. Coupled with the fact the brain is taking in new sights, and the excitement of being in a different country, it is easy to get distracted.

Taxi drivers actually think they own the road here so it is not surprising you were scared.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi, Flamingo! Welcome to FF!!

And don't worry that you didn't bring bacon; we won't hold it against you. Contrary to what you were told, our bacon here is
good! (Okay, not as good as Danish bacon, but good nonetheless!)

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
eh whats going on here...i am the English girl....your on my patch:yum::yum::yum:

Welcome to FF PF ....they are a good bunch here....have fun:flowers:

Pretty Flamingo

eh whats going on here...i am the English girl....your on my patch:yum::yum::yum:

Welcome to FF PF ....they are a good bunch here....have fun:flowers:

Hi!!!!!
London Calling!

Nice to meet you Galvatron and thanks for the welcome. I usually am the only Brit on forums so nice to see you here too.

Galvatron

Cold one today PF so wrap up warm....i am about 20 miles north of you so not far,i am in Hertfordshire,where i am located i am smack bang on the edge of the A602 between the A1M and A10 and the traffic at a stand still so sod it i am staying home in the warm.

Pretty Flamingo

Cold one today PF so wrap up warm....i am about 20 miles north of you so not far,i am in Hertfordshire,where i am located i am smack bang on the edge of the A602 between the A1M and A10 and the traffic at a stand still so sod it i am staying home in the warm.

I am - I have my Snuggie on! Home is the best place on a cold day whilst being logged into forumsforums of course!

Galvatron

I did not mention PF i have London in my veins...born in stoke Newington and still have family in London on both mine and my wife's side of the families.

City life is not for me as i am old :yum::yum::yum:...saying that this damn town i live feels like a city these days.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Pretty Flamingo

I did not mention PF i have London in my veins...born in stoke Newington and still have family in London on both mine and my wife's side of the families.

City life is not for me as i am old :yum::yum::yum:...saying that this damn town i live feels like a city these days.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

You ought to move to Worthing being old!