• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nodwell Flextrac FN15

Are the tracks wide enough for snow travel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grant H

Hello to all,

I am looking for any information on my Nodwell Flextrack FN15. I would like to get any manuals or specifications that are available. I am also looking for what I call the wheel guides for the track. I need four of them. I have attached pictures if you have them and are willing to sell them please email me ghoovestol@paces-lodging.com .

Thanks for now!

Grant

Attachments

• flex 11.jpg
    flex 11.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • nod 1.jpg
    nod 1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • nod tint 2.jpg
    nod tint 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,179
  • flex 8.jpg
    flex 8.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,160
  • flex 9.jpg
    flex 9.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,185
  • flex 5.jpg
    flex 5.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,184

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
WELCOME to the forums! Lets get you down to the Snowcat Section. I believe you are the first with a Nordwell Flextrac! Nice machine. One of our members (BigAl) has contact with someone who has a machine that can press out custom track guides. Unfortunately BigAl is on a hunting trip and is not do back in 3 weeks. He does check in though every once and awhile. PM him and he may get ahold of you and get you a number.

Grant H

According to the specs on the Snopacer ( I think its the same machine)
its 4,200 lbs empty. I have the heavier OC15 rear drive and bigger tracks.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Grant, regarding your poll, I think there may be some logical reason that some people will answer "Don't Know" to your poll. When it comes to snow, there is "snow" and then there is "soft bottomless powder" and your machine will probably have no problems with "snow" but I don't know if it has either the tracks or the power to be a "bottomless powder" machine.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Never mind I see now your in N.D. You get some great snow up there. Have fun but have a way to get help to you if needed. I am working on a system to where you can call for "Emergency" help. Just regular "Help" get me unstuck and Checking in with yah. It will also allow some one to see exactly where you are 24-7 with a visual on the computer via Yahoo maps and if you do need Emergency help when you hit the button it will call anyone you have listed via phone and internet. It will give them your coordinates and if no one responds within an hour they will dispatch the closest Search and Rescue unit. I should have all the info soon and will be selling the units to everyone on FF for a cheaper price that will be available nationally. (I may need a certain amount of orders though). I will keep everyone posted and should have some info next week.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent advice PBinWA! It is indeed a Nordwell Flextrack.

Now we know how Santa really gets to all those snowbound houses at night when the raindeer are grounded due to poor weather!

Attachments

• Picture 81.png
    Picture 81.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,112

scooterd

Here is some pictures of a brochure that I have on the Flextrac. I hope this works. First time I used this camera on macro. Couldn't get scanner to work!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,106

Grant H

Wow! I can't believe it! Thats my machine! That is totally unbelievable! Thank you so much! Do you ever get to Fargo? I will show you that machine. I would love to buy that brochure from you!

scooterd

I occasionally get down there. Sometimes work in Moorhead and Hillsboro. I would like to take a closer look at your FN-15. I'll contact you next time I'm there.

Grant H

Hopefully it will be ready to go for a spin ( no pun intended) when you get here. Let me know and I owe you for that brochure so let me know what I can help you find!

Grant H

OH YA!!! The tracks are plenty wide! I had it out yesterday and drove were no man should try with no problems! Had a blast! Then I brought it back in the shop and put the bed and sun visor on it. I am going back out today. How did these toys remain such a secret? Have a great day!

Attachments

• nod snowtime 2.jpg
    nod snowtime 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,071
  • nod box visor 3.jpg
    nod box visor 3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,067

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OH YA!!! . . . Had a blast! . . . How did these toys remain such a secret? Have a great day!
Grant, that is the same thing that I thought when I had my first experience a snowcat :thumb:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Sweet looking cat...:thumb: Do you want to trade....:yum: Everyday out in the snow cat is a great day even when things go wrong....:thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't get to the video???

Then I did a YouTube search and got it. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbePUlQq8zA"]YouTube - Grants Nodwell Snow Cat[/ame]

It was great when you finally got up over that steep berm! Of course my Snow Trac could have done that on the first try:bb:

philbrwn

i have a fn15 and am looking for the 8 tooth drive sproket up min northern alberta canada and yes it will stay on top most snow also would like to get another-phil

philbrwn

i made a mistake it is a 9 tooth sproket the hub size is 5 inch and 6 bolts hold the hub on spacing of cleats is 5 inch