• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Violent storms tore things up!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got hit hard for the second day in a row. Folks east of here about 20 miles got it real bad and Rochester and Syracuse had severe damage. It came through like a wall of thunder and rain and washed out the roads they had just repaired from the previous storms. Every town and county trucks are hauling rock to the crushers or gravel from it to fix things up. My lane needs some repairs but not as bad as the town roads.:hammer:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 94

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, that lower end of the storm tail got us good. Knocked out power all around. Traffic lights were still out this morning in places. Power was out at my house till midnight so our whole house generator got a good workout ( 9+ hours). That is the longest outage since I had it installed. I did not try to run air on the generator but everything else worked just fine.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Our power never even blinked but thousands around us are in the dark still. Utility crews are out everywhere as are road crews. I had to detour on the way to the cancer center from the damage from the Monday storms. Road crews will be busy for a while repairing washouts.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I sent that your way. We had the same thing a few days ago. You are welcome to it. It tore us up pretty good too.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My lake is just about finished, except for the spillway, so I could probably handle the water but not the winds. I have enough limbs down from the 15 minute storm that came through about a week ago.

Leni

I think that I'll take the heat here. We'll have Santa Ana winds later in the year but that doesn't sound as bad as what just blew through your part of the world.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That same storm hit us on the weekend. When it passed through Saskatchewan and Manitoba it caused major flooding and washouts.