• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Guess the random part

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, im bored so heres a new idea, (drum roll) Guess the engine part!
Basically someone posts a picture of an engine part and others have to guess what it is.

Heres the first one, should be pretty easy, extra credit if you can guess what its off. Also extra points are given to the most creative wrong suggestion :D

Seemed like a good idea to me, even if it doesnt work out atlest I wasted 10 mins and got covered in oil (clue) getting the picture.

24 hours to guess unless someone gets it before (I expect they will)

Attachments

• DSCF0555 (2).JPG
    DSCF0555 (2).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Guess the engine part

Mith said:
Basically someone posts a picture of an engine part and others have to guess what it is.

Jim,

The game sounds interesting. A couple things I'd like to throw out.
Don't limit it to engine parts. It could be anything.
The picture can't be blurry and has to be bigger than a thumb-nail (Jim - yours is blury and too small... remember, lots of us are getting old and our eyes aren't what they used to be).

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Guess the engine part

Sorted it out, pretty easy one, ill have to get some more interesting photos :D

Last edited:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Ha said it was easy, go on then see if you can :D (Size ref, about 1.5 inch dia)

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Junk, at a guess although I have not a clue, 1964 Corvair?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
OK then, try this one

history01.jpg

Jim, its a single ring piston out a stihl 013 chainsaw. I replaced it with a 2 ring piston without huge scores down the side.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My first guess is that it looks to me like a vintage grommet press

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Neither of you are right so far ;)
Bed time now, will post tomorrow arvo with the answer if nobody gets it
Have fun! :D

BoneheadNW

Mith said:
OK, im bored so heres a new idea, (drum roll) Guess the engine part!

Heres the first one, should be pretty easy, extra credit if you can guess what its off. Also extra points are given to the most creative wrong suggestion :D

Seemed like a good idea to me, even if it doesnt work out atlest I wasted 10 mins and got covered in oil (clue) getting the picture.

24 hours to guess unless someone gets it before (I expect they will)

Is it a jock strap for the tin man? (That's from the Wizard of Oz, Mith, in case you guys don't get our flicks over there :D :D :D )
Bonehead :coolshade

daedong

Mith said:
OK then, try this one

history01.jpg

Jim, its a single ring piston out a stihl 013 chainsaw. I replaced it with a 2 ring piston without huge scores down the side.

A tool for circumcision

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Good guesses guys
Bonehead, good one ;)

It is actually a tool for stretching shoes so they do not rub on the bone on the side of your big toe. Insert the ball into the shoe, put the ring on the outside and press together to stretch the leather to allow more room in the show so it dont rub ;)
Easy huh? :D

Anyone else got some pics of interesting things?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith; Well, I knew that!!:D I really did.:whistle: I'm looking for some wierd stuff, just can't find anything THAT wierd!:boobies: :beer:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
John, wierd people have wierd things :eek:
Surely you must have LOADS of odd things :D :D

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
John, wierd people have wierd things :eek:
Surely you must have LOADS of odd things :D :D
What's that saying? Oddness is in the eye of the beholder? Or something like that.:boobies: :smileywac

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith,

We don't have weird things here but in the states, if the shoe doesn't fit, get a different pair!!!!

You got us on that one.