• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crap Carb

Gooniebird63

Got a green 1963 2010 was running great until the deep freeze.
now that it's getting warmer out I went to Start it and it will not fire.
Gas is filling float bowl but not getting into intake.
Took carb off and cleaned all passages and ports.
Turned adjustment screw out 1 1/4 .
Almost gives your hand a hickey when you hold it over air intake.
Will run all day with sprayed starting fluid or carb cleaner.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !!!!! GRRRRRR

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you checked for spark yet? you have air and fuel I think. Pull the cap and check out the points and rotor.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My bad... Sorry.

I know how frustrationg this situation can be. I have a MM UB tractor that has done much the same to me before.

Maybe it might be wise to take the carb back off and go through it again. Is it a Marbles carb? Do you have a manual for it? Usually those up draft carbs are very simple, and easy to clean.

Hope you get it figured out, and welcome to the forums..:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Gooniebird63

If it's that simple i'm gonna just go to bed and bite my pillow!~

You think i can just get a gasket or do i need to buy the whole rebuild kit ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just repeating what a ole timer( mechanic) told me to do on my hay baler . It solved my problem .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Me thinks you did not get the Idle circuit cleaned.....look to see if there is a small tube..in the center...running top to bottom....very small hole...clean with very small wire.....and carb...clean er....bet it is pluged with varnish....
Good luck:biggrin:

No Im not a mec...they wont let me play one on tv....But Doc tolerates me from time to time..:yum:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Water in the fuel ?

Fuel line freeze up/

Is it still cold where you are ?

Crank it over with the fuel line off & the gas line in a coffee can to check that it's getting fuel, then let the fuel (assuming you get some) in the can settle & look at it in 15 minutes to see if any water separates out.

Today's fuel & ethanol mixes are pure Shit for quality & stability in storage when a vehicle doesn't get constant use. Typically a one month shelf life before the volatile aromatics boil off & you're left with gasoline colored waste that's good for nothing.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm putting my money on the last post even if the idler circuit was plugged it would start and run with your hand over the carb. you would also have gas running out after you cranked it same if you had a vacuum leak. the carb is mot passing gas.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe, just maybe there are some isolated issues with ethanol blends. My two sleds and snow trac had year old fuel in them and they ran this winter just fine. Same each year for an old Pontiac with E10 in it for a couple of decades now. Stored with a full tank, for 6 months of the year. Maybe my supplier is unique to the rest of the country....I don't know. If you use E10 regularly you will not have any water in the system to freeze. The old stand bye gas line antifreeze "Heat" is hard to find around here anymore. I say bunk to the one month self life. If it is really true, you really need to find a different fuel supplier......

Regards, Kirk

Gooniebird63

This one is gravity fed.
Gas is filling the float bowl but not getting into the cylinders.
Will run all day on sprayed starting fluid or carb cleaner.
Just ordered a rebuild kit hoping that will fix it.

Gooniebird63

Don't understand why it worked and then didn't .
The deep freeze maybe ???
Also drained all gas out of tank and put fresh stuff in.