• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB nice 4+ person cat with a blade.

Red130

I'm curious as to the background, details and the USFS rules. Could you please explain.

See page 13 & 14 on this document below for the Southern Rockies. Limiting the miles of compacted snow routes has apparently been interpreted to mean limiting the miles to the level they were at some point previously (2008?). And "compaction" now means groomed/packed, not merely that someone as passed over it. So to groom a few miles of road for XC skiing, there has to be some mileage given up someplace else. There are a few routes that were groomed for snowmobiles in our Forest previously, so those miles can now be used elsewhere, the Forest Service just has to decide where.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd508060.pdf

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh dear God what happened to the color?? Must have rubbed against a Ski-dozer as it passed it !!!!! Good looking cat anyway!!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Suspect Boggie indeed!

Attachments

• IMG_6558.PNG
    IMG_6558.PNG
    849.6 KB · Views: 167

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
OMG, lock the gates! Call the guards. Someone stole the BumbleBee Tucker!

Didn't have it for sale, but it did not get used for 2 years,too many others.and lack of snow. It went to good people that are going to use it. Its not perfect but a nice cat. It was Airforce blue from the factory. It would have been better orange.

The next 743 freighter will be orange, its white now!

Aaron Tucker

hahah looks like we have been outed ....

we sure do love the new Tucker . In the processes of getting her ready for the winter now.

bring on the snow !!!!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
son of a .......................

I need to learn to say dibbs louder..............

those tucker hunters are something.....

They see some snow trac tires go up for sale... wait till the weak get all excited about upgrading their rides with new shoes, then just swing in and causally export a freighter right over the plains, I almost said Mississippi river, not sure if that twisty little creek is east or west or north or all three from the compound.

good times.
Congratulations on selling Brads cat does he know about it yet?

Aaron Tucker

Brad knows ...
Now the freighter will be put to work catsking . Will get some more pics up when the snow starts to fly . It's about 7.8ft wide and I haul it on my 34ft goose neck .

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brad knows ...
Now the freighter will be put to work catsking . Will get some more pics up when the snow starts to fly . It's about 7.8ft wide and I haul it on my 34ft goose neck .

Will the Bumblebee Tucker fly in to McCall this February?

Aaron Tucker

Its a possibility . I think you guys should come to Vail CO, where we can catski and get stuck . Me and my wife have talked about going to McCall . I think we would make it a big trip and go the long way through Jackson Hole WY.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Its a possibility . I think you guys should come to Vail CO, where we can catski and get stuck . Me and my wife have talked about going to McCall . I think we would make it a big trip and go the long way through Jackson Hole WY.

sure sounds like you are putting together a sno-cat jamboree in Vail, Colorado, mid January would work great.

Aaron Tucker

Let me talk to the other local cat owners and see about mid Jan .last year we did mid Feb .here some pics of where we ride . It a groomed trail to the top of Ptarmigan MT. Almost 13,000ft

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161119-092538.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-092538.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20161119-091850.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-091850.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_20161119-091739.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-091739.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 239

Aaron Tucker

Its the Colorado steep and deep

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161119-093431.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-093431.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_20161119-093417.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-093417.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20161119-093525.jpg
    Screenshot_20161119-093525.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 242

luvthemvws

Hey, a Snowcat event in Colorado!
That would be a whole lot more do-able for this East-Nebraska boy and his Kristi!
January is not ideal, but I would sure try to work it out!

Aaron Tucker

Well lets do it . There are several hotels in Dillon and Silver throne with parking ,only 20 min from where we catski at Vail pass. We can also do a day at Montezuma (aka little Alaska), wich is right next to world renowned Keystone Ski resort . how about the 13th-15th of January ? Im open to different dates if anyone has suggestions ?

Red130

Is there any interest in doing Vail Pass in early to mid-March, or even February, instead of January? Bigger snow pack, longer days? Also maybe we should move this into its own thread.

luvthemvws

I agree with red130, a separate thread for this and a date in late February/March would work better for me.
This later time would also allow more time for planning and preparation.
But, since I am not doing those tasks, I defer to the preferences of those that are.