• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601 snowcat steering conversion

John55

Howdy All, My first post so please be easy on me. I recently purchased a Thiokol 601 military snow cat version. The body is good, engine sounds good no smoke - But needs a tune-up as it warms up slowly and often dies when shifting gears. My question is has anyone converted the original master brake system to one with a vacuum assist booster? I have done this conversion successfully on several older trucks but obviously trucks are simple to make such conversions.

I have not looked at clearances to determine if practical., nor the My 601 requires a lot of arm strength to steer and I am not sure if my daughter will ever be able to drive the machine in soft snow. Unless I am missing something in the steering system to improve the ease of steering.
thanks john