• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS: Big Al's Kristi's

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guys ...for those who did not see the Big Al seriously speaking post ...I'll post the following here also. I hope you are sitting down.

From Seriously Speaking Forum:
Guys and gals, this is one of the toughest posts I've ever had to write on here. I write it with tears running down my face.

I am so sorry to share the news that Big Al passed away suddenly on September 5th. His wife contacted me today and let me know that he was doing what he loved, he was working on his tractor.

Damn damn damn. So hard to believe. So so sad.

Al was one of the good ones for sure. Always doing things for everyone else. Taking on projects, not for the money but for his love of his fellow man. He was a special guy the likes of whom we don't see much these days.

Rest in Peace Allen. Love ya man!!!!!

Big Al's wife has said she hopes to sell Al's sno cats before winter. She has not given me any details on them but I'm hoping most of you know what Al owned much better than I do.
If you have pics please post them in this thread. I think we all loved and thought the world of Big Al. Lets help his wife find a good home for Al's toys. We can do it. For Al.

undy

Yeah, me too. I missed the notice.

I didn't know him personally, just from this forum. He seemed to have a terrific sense of humor, from how you all ribbed him about his Kristis. The world needs more guys who can laugh like that.

RIP Big Al.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Really you guys didn't miss it, you just saw this thread first. The Serioulsy Speaking thread was started about 10 minutes before this one. I wanted the word out that we need buyers for Big Al's Kristi's and wanted you all to know why.... so I posted the sad news in both places but probably worded it badly.

I am in contact with Mrs Big Al. Anyone needing more info or interested in the snow cats please post here or contact me.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Jesus, I don't know what to say.

I knew that he hadn't posted in a couple of weeks but I thought that he was just taking one of his sabbaticals or got involved in yet another project.

I can't believe it. He was indestructible. Mrs Al, you have my deepest condolences. I can't express my feeling right now. I am speechless and in shock.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was so looking forward to meeting Big Al next April and find this hard to take. My prayers are with his wife and family. This is one irreplaceable guy.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Al's prized KT-7 #004

And his KT-3 #113 with half the body on in action. Yes that is Big Al driving it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8XJcf-K2k"]Kristi KT3 - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Kristi-KT7-side-view.jpg
    Kristi-KT7-side-view.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,116

jask

Please pass my condolences along to his Family. Please let them know that he was admired and respected by people in many places around the World. Although many of us never met him, we counted him as a friend and his passion and humour will be missed.
I need to find some Dr. Pepper:sad:

Sno-Surfer

Real sorry to hear this. Big Al is certainly famous here and I admired his thick skin and great come backs on the Kristi teasing. Was hoping to meet him at Timberline in the spring. My condolences to his wife and family.

tinbender

I am really crushed to hear Big Al has passed. I was one of the lucky ones and had actually met him in person. I bought the KT4 he had. Great big Teddy Bear of a man in size and thought. I haven't been on here in months. WE all lost a good man. My condolences and prayers for his family. Rest in peace Al.

weatherby

This news truly saddens me. I never met Big Al, but I exchanged many PMs and comments with him on this site over the years, and because of that I got a good sense of his personalty, which included, a kind heart, great sense of humor, a excellent craftsman, and just a all around great man......My condolences go out to his wife and family.....R.I.P. Big Al.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a winter trip planned on the trails he setup and a stay in his cabin.
may not meet him for sometime now.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
every time this thread resurfaces I have to take a minute. I suppose it speaks to what kind of man he really was.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
gee Brad with all the crap you gave him, you are likely on the no sell list left in the will

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
gee Brad with all the crap you gave him, you are likely on the no sell list left in the will

Guess that's better than the hit list, think I saw yours on that one:yum:
Must have gave him less crap than you. Wished he was still around he always
Made me laugh. :wink:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I think he has already had words with the big guy ,and have me and groomer guy on the do not enter list, for all the krusty jokes we have made through the years

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
every time this thread resurfaces I have to take a minute. I suppose it speaks to what kind of man he really was.

Wierdest thing is that I just seen that myself. Read a lot about BigAl and his work, his build threads were one of the first ones that I came across and got expired to build one on my own...

Thats unfortunate - but I guess timing is set for us all...

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc
Have Big Als wife send me a PM with her phone number.I know he was working on the hydraulics , did he get them fixed ? My wife is intrested in the cat........ Big Al and I tryd to hook up in Clarkston WA but it never happened... We will all miss his posts.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I just learned of Big Als passing. He was a good friend. I could go a year without talking to him and call him up and it was Just like yesterday we spoke. Our trip to Washington together to see Lydons FBI rig was great. " Pickled Pigs Feet"! Lol what a great guy he was. I visited him and his wife at his new Place in Elk city years back. He just moved there and pretty much everyone new him. The restaurant had a new piece of sheet rock on the ceiling. I asked for directions and if she new him she pointed to the ceiling and said he fixed my leak and repaired the damage and wouldn't take any payment for it. Yah that was Al in a nut shell. I should have stayed in touch and had tried to contact him a bit a go. Figured he would call me when he was not to busy. Going to miss razzing him about his Kristis. Sad news.