• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac ST4 for sale (Indiana) ~~SOLD~~

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Snow Trac ST4 for sale (Indiana)

A link to your restore on this site would really show it.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

to score some reps from the krusty owners I have to ask does a full tank of gas come with it.
Bob I was checking my rep points and found a kristy owner gave me some for this comment. I've had quite a few inquires about where a snow trac might be purchased is it ok for me to pass on your e-mail

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Well I have a guy in the midwest who sounds pretty serious but I need to get him some updated photos. Taking the day off on Friday and doing some stuff around the house, hope to be getting some current photos taken at that time.

Oh and my wife doesn't want me to sell it.

Feel free to share my email, but I'm not sure the status at this point.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

ok if they are serious enough I will pass it on and I was corrected the name of that other cat is kristi not krusty how ever my spell check highlights Kristi as the wrong spelling

meanjean

I recently saw one for sale in the VT - CL; was it for $25 K.??? Who cares about a tank of gas!!!

Micrometer

Hi,
I am interested.
Send me an email with your phone number and the best time to call you so we can talk about the possible transaction.
Thanks,
Leonard

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

No, not sold.. But my wife doesn't want me to sell it.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

The fear is if it's get sold he may want one of those 50 k piston bully's like Jim now has. on the plus side my wife didn't complain about me getting the Thiokol 2100 but that's because snow cats for me have always earned their keep. My wife is a morman she won't allow me a second wife, but she did let me get a second younger snow cat which is better any way

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I like to have one for recovery if something goes sour. That's speaking of cat not wifes. She told me I could buy a newer one if I sold one. That is why the bombi is going.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Lyndon can drive the ST while your running the bully....:wink:

Regards, Kirk

Short bus

I just bought her a new car. we where talking about our prudent reserve the other day and she said it looked like we where in pretty good shape as long as I didn't do any thing stupid like buying another Sno-Cat

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

I just bought her a new car. we where talking about our prudent reserve the other day and she said it looked like we where in pretty good shape as long as I didn't do any thing stupid like buying another Sno-Cat
well you could tell her you want a Thiokol or a Kristi the names should get it by her long enough to get it bought but the tracks may give it away.

WinterRoad

If anyone happens to see or come across a fair to decent ST-4, I would really appreciate a heads-up. I am located in central Manitoba, Canada... but am willing to drive/ship for the right machine. I am willing to spend between 8-12, but again, condition speaks volumes. For the right machine I would stretch my budget. Thanks everyone!

WinterRoad

Forgot to add, needs to be a running/operating machine. Wife says no more project machines in the yard!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

If anyone happens to see or come across a fair to decent ST-4, I would really appreciate a heads-up. I am located in central Manitoba, Canada... but am willing to drive/ship for the right machine. I am willing to spend between 8-12, but again, condition speaks volumes. For the right machine I would stretch my budget. Thanks everyone!
I don't have a running st-4 for sale but there is a Minnesota out doors ready to run bombi in my back yard for sale.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

My Snow Trac is officially back up for sale.

I'm trying to contact the past people who were interested, in order of when they contacted me, but I don't know how many are seriously interested.

HERE IS A CURRENT UPDATE:

Mine is a 1972 "big wheel" Snow Trac ST4, it was partially restored by a British TV show and featured on the show SALVAGE SQUAD. I bought it and imported it to the US and finished the restoration several years ago. Its been used and now is showing some normal wear. The machine has a dual battery set up for added safety, my battery tender fried both of the batteries during summer storage so I just installed one brand new battery and the Snow Trac started up easily. The second battery is still dead. The tracks are in good shape, the body is in good shape, the undercarriage is in good shape and was epoxy coated shortly after I imported it. The floor was also epoxy coated and then indoor/outdoor carpet was laid over the epoxy.

Some of the small boggie tires are flat, I have not refilled them because I injured my shoulder badly and am under doctors orders to rest, rest and more rest my arm. I do have extra inner tubes if they are flat, as well as extra tires (but the tires on the machine are fine). It also comes with an extra "variator" belt but the current belt is in good condition. The headlights are not working now, probably just a blown fuse, but the Aux lights do work perfectly. The electric heater works. I don't want to misrepresent the condition, feel free to ask any questions.

It is again for sale, $9000 US, as is where is. I'll help you load it, etc.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter

Bob,

I'm sorry you've decided to sell, and doubly sorry about the shoulder injury.

I had surgery in July to repair two torn rotator cuff tendons and a torn biceps tendon as well. Months of physical therapy later I'm still working on improving range of motion and strength. It's much better, but I'm not 100%.

My advice would be to religiously follow your doctor's orders. I wasn't supposed to lift more than five lbs for three months post-op. It was hard not to lift even a gallon of milk for example, but I really tried to be a good patient.

Hang in there; it will get better!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Bob,

I'm sorry you've decided to sell, and doubly sorry about the shoulder injury.

I had surgery in July to repair two torn rotator cuff tendons and a torn biceps tendon as well. Months of physical therapy later I'm still working on improving range of motion and strength. It's much better, but I'm not 100%.

My advice would be to religiously follow your doctor's orders. I wasn't supposed to lift more than five lbs for three months post-op. It was hard not to lift even a gallon of milk for example, but I really tried to be a good patient.

Hang in there; it will get better!
As for the Snow Trac, I'm looking for my next project so I need to make some room and my wife won't let me sell off the '67 Jeepster Deluxe Convertible. Not sure what I will buy, but it might be an older Tucker???

As for the shoulder, its a real pain that this injury happened during fencing season. Its a combination of arthritis and injury so its a double whammy. Its hard to be a coach and not be able to swing a blade at the practice. Its slowly getting better, I have better days and worse days.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

you're not looking for a 1950 443a narrow body sedan for partial trade are you?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

Just give him a Kristi for full payment he will be happy it won't ever run out of gas.

TeleSteeze

Melensdad:

I'd like to buy the SnowTrac you've posted -- I've got a great home for it here in Colorado.

If you could contact me, we can get the deal done.

thanks
J

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad:

I'd like to buy the SnowTrac you've posted -- I've got a great home for it here in Colorado.

thanks
J

Bob I see a krusty in your future

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Not a new record for a snow trac to sell here in less than a day, pretty close I would say.... Popular dependable economical snow machines they are!:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad:

thanks
J

I sent you an email in reply but should warn you that I've got another guy who is seriously interested as well. I won't do a 'bidding war' or play one buyer off the other, just being honest that there is someone else who has been in lengthly contact with me over the past day.