• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stolen 442

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone in New England comes across a 442 being parted out (or sold complete), please post it up. Some low life POS decided they wanted it yesterday morning. :finger2: They moved the car that was blocking it in, then dragged it onto a trailer. I actually went to look at it Friday and some kids had rocked some of the windows in the car, but had left the cat alone.

So, just in case they got spooked the first time and wanted to come back to get the rest of the windows (and the cat windows), I hooked my game camera to the tree Monday morning. It got dragged out Wednesday (5-23) at 4:30am, Tyngsboro, MA. :2gunsfiri

The pontoon and tracks were off of it, so it's of no effin' use to anyone as it sits.

Attachments

• 286.jpg
    286.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,274
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 1112111510a.jpg
    1112111510a.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,268

bearpaw

With the price of scrap here in N.E. hovering at the 325.00/ton mark, they're stealing anything that looks heavy...try the local junk yards...that's a pretty distinctive item...any scrap yard operator would remember it...Good luck, and good hunting...so sorry for your loss...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is bull shit i will have to be more security conscious this summer with all the new people comming to town i normaly don't have a problem with leaving keys in stuff. with oly 2 ways in or out of town boat or plain where is it going to go. but i had an instance a couple of years ago where i left my jeep at a trail head with the ignition module disconected and, the when i came back the next week the battery was dead and the key was left on. all i have to say is wtf. if you didn't pay for it than don't touch. i will save the sn incase some thing like it shows up in one of the barge company's yards.

northeastheavy

Thats sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hate to say but thieves have been stealing anything for scrap!! I have heard of manhole(sewer covers), farm implements like plows being stolen for scrap. I get involved in insurance claims and see so many 1000" to 1500" #10 electric cables stolen from irrigation systems in Maryland!!!
Will keep my eye out as I am a bit south of you and I am always looking around for any snowcats!!!

jcarroll

Site Supporter
I'll keep an eye out in southern VT for it...

In the 35 years I have lived in Vermont I have never had a problem with theft until the last year.

Eight thousand in copper tube and pipe, two shot guns out of my office, a stack of empty 55 gallon drums, catalytic converters out of three utility trucks - and the list goes on - I AM BEYOND PISSED.

Check out this site - http://www.scraptheftalert.com/ - I just found it, haven't had time to look into it much, but...

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is all up to the scrap dealers to police what comes in. The local place in Pa. you have to show photo ID and your drivers license number gets recorded on their copy of the transaction. Ten miles north in NY they don't ask for anything. They took cordless tools and stole almost 200 ft. of guard rail recently.

undy

This is really lame.

If misery loves company, you guys should be aware that this crap goes on all over the country. Here in Madison, there is a huge hotel sitting vacant, and someone stole all the metal out of it. A buddy of mine had his bulldozer stolen from a job site recently too.

It's sad to say that 911 may work in some cases, but in the more rural areas, 357 works faster.

My favorite warning on a friend's door is: Believe in the Afterlife? Break in here and find out!

Good luck to you on recovering your Tucker.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. Thought we had a lead on Friday, but the guy they thought it was is currently in VA. I was irritated the first day, but am just getting more & more pissed off the more I think about it. Like I said above, I have the pontoons & track and will continue to refinish them to recover a majority of my investment. But if someone stole it to run it, they will have a damn near impossible task of finding 4 complete running sets of pontoons / tracks. Luckily we deal quite a bit with scrap metal from drums & rotors, so those guys are keeping an eye out for it as well thru their network. But there are always scumbags who will turn a blind eye anyway.

Mtn-Track

WOW! That SUCKS!:furious:

I would think it doesn't weigh that much to be a scrap target, but with the idiots out there these days they may not have a clue. If it had wheels and tires on it then maybe they were thinking it had 'rock crawler' potential, so maybe get the word out to the local off-road clubs in your area(?). At least you got a pic of the perp....

That sucks I really hope you find the friggin puke, some people and there lack of respect for things others take pride in! Wish you the best in getting it back.

Unfrickin believable! I'm so sorry - your 442 was so ready for restoration.

Check around or call your local scrap steel yards - have them keep an eye out.

Good luck

Mark

Laurentian

Any news on this ?
We once got 150 + lbs of brass lifted from right under our
noses one lunch hour while eating in the shop on a hot day ( AC )
Went back out to find one of the offcut boxes we had been painting
was gone with it's contents. I was livid, and on a whim drove over to the local recyling yard to find our box in the non ferrous section.
We had the cops remove it and went and picked it up in the police cruisers trunk right out front :glare:
Call around the yards, kind of easy to spot.
Hope you get it back..

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lordy lordy. Didn't win Powerball, but almost as close (my wife would disagree:doh:)

Tucker Cliff notes:

The Dunstable cops (it’s the first property into Dunstable) and SWAT team were called to a residence Monday for a domestic dispute where a gun was involved. They closed off the road and were diverting traffic around on Cummins road. Someone stopped at the traffic barricade (neighbor??) to ask what was up. The cops gave a little bit of info about the situation and this guy apparently told them they should check on the sno-cat he stole that was hidden in the woods behind the house.

They diffuse the situation, haul his ass to jail and assess the property based on the claim. They do indeed find the Tucker. The Tyngsboro Police show up just to check out the situation and to shoot the shit since it’s right on the border. The Dunstable cop asks if they are there for the Tucker. The Tyng cop has no idea what he’s talking about. The report sheet had just timed out (180 days) and the sergeant working my case was going to renew it this week now that winter’s coming. The officer calls the sergeant to let him know what’s going on. I’m just getting ready to pull out last night when he pulls in and stops me to tell me some, but not all of the details. They get a search warrant to get access to the property this morning. It was on the flatbed and back here by 10am. No damage done at all, and also no fn’ work done on it. L The scumbag could of at least pimped my ride. :biggrin:

So he’s in jail for the domestic, and no telling what else. This afternoon they will also charge him with theft of the snow-cat. Almost always they can only charge with possession of stolen goods, but since they have his mug in the picture, he’s screwed.

So now I just need to bring her home and get back to work on the tracks.

I truly figured the next time I saw that cat I would be drinking a beer out of it.:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is great news. Hope he rots in the slammer for a good long while. The bad news is you have to really haul *ss to get it ready for winter.:clap:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lordy lordy. Didn't win Powerball, but almost as close (my wife would disagree:doh:)
I think my wife would be sad for me if my snowcat was stolen, but I think she'd be twice as sad if the cops ever found it :ermm:

Glad you got yours back! :applause:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So as the crow flys, how far was this D bag from you and your compound?

Was it in the same county? Just up the road? sort of curious how far away this idiot felt comfortable stealing items of that size.

I am sort of vunerable for fuel and firewood loss, but I better not be awake when you come for any of it. (if you truley need it, take it)

But this was a good sized chunck o stuff.

BTW good for you.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't seem to get the view to work, but I will take your word.

that is really wierd that nobody put this together until a extra event like that happened.

Steal it....., then sit on it...... that is a lot of work for ?????

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Give me a few minutes and I am sure I can find something that the POS also may have stolen from me . Lets see if we can get this guy a life sentence .
I heard from a pretty unreliable source that he is also a child molester and a pervert too .:whistling::unsure:

May even be a Democrate !!!:unsure:
Another source that is just as bad said he was sure the guy also voted for Obama . Twice :unsure:
I say hang the basturd :clap:.
But I am happy for you .

May the POS rot in hell !:hammer:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Give me a few minutes and I am sure I can find something that the POS also may have stolen from me . Lets see if we can get this guy a life sentence .
I heard from a pretty unreliable source that he is also a child molester and a pervert too .:whistling::unsure:

May even be a Democrate !!!:unsure:
Another source that is just as bad said he was sure the guy also voted for Obama . Twice :unsure:
I say hang the basturd :clap:.
But I am happy for you .

May the POS rot in hell !:hammer:
Al with all the $hit we give you about krustys i suppose you never have to worry about someone stealing it.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that you found it what is next? Did you call the sheriff?

Cletis

Excellent ! I'd say you had better odds of winning the lottery than ever getting it back.

Congrats!

Cletis