• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: Snow Trac value

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a offer :cool: (not wife approved) I am figuring that i need to try a Snow trac of some sort.
Don shouldn't need two.
I like to road trip..

I find some one out west who needs a mercedes diesel powered bombi.
Trailer loaded to WA.
Drop the tracks on a SM head north.
Trailer loaded.
Off load one ST. Load another uneeded st.
Trailer loaded yet again.

Get to see AK and a whole bunch of canada.

Win Win.

Really not that much of a dream

:cool:)))))

Mike Going back to the shop now. Hydraulic work awaits.

Any one need a quigley 4x4 van.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the problem is to get to where i live is by air or ocean i forget what the boy scouts cave wilsons snowmaster for a name something like saintains ride well with a name like that i'm not to try to run the iditarod trail with it till i have the time to go through it i have to admit it would be a fun bucket list trip

Ps that sounds like a great snow cat adventure snow catting the iditarod trail we could even offer to tow Big Al and his krusty along

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, right on. Pull off the tracks and put on a rudder so it would follow straight and pull easier.

Maybe I would have to run the road trip in Reverse. only problem that way is I wind up witht the master here and you have an iditarod trail-trip is a "merBi".

Mike

Greg7510

Well I finally have made alot of progress getting this machine back to full working order. Had to replace about four tubes in the smaller tires. Tires are pretty shot, sidewalls coming apart a little. After looking on internet for days decided to use current tires till they fall apart. I did figure I could replace them with go cart tires from concession kart dealers that have four inch rims. The cart tires are heavy duty ply both on tread and sidewall. Greased all fittings I could find, went through three tubes of grease. I am also putting in about four new gauges: Cylinder head temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and voltage. Having new cushions made for interior along with a new drivers seat. Thinking of putting outdoor carpet on floor also. Overall the machine is in great shape for the year. Having fun working on it. Just need more snow around here.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Greg,

Are the go cart tires going to be tall einough? If so, great idea!! There is talk of an adult medical scooter tire that might work. Those little tires are a problem for sure. Take good care of them.

:letitsnow::nopics:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you all spend the money and get 6 ply aircraft tail wheels you will have no problems for many years mine are solid they don't go flat but are hard on the rest of the running gear