• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nissan big problem

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nissan Pathfinder, Xterra, and Frontier all share a problem prone radiator. Automatic transmission heat exchanger in the radiator breaks and allows coolant to enter the transmission resulting in transmission failure. A 10mm wrench is required to check the trany fluid, it should be red as Dexron 3. From what I read 2005-6 years with over 60K miles are worst. Nissan is not accepting responsibility or even notifying owners of this problem so they can replace these defective radiators before incurring a $5,000 repair. The local Nissan dealer service manager also denied there is a problem, however, he recomended an aftermarket radiator rather than replacement with a Nissan factory part. If you own one of these vehicles check it out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good info. That sounds bad. I'm glad I don't own one of them.