• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Tracs for sale.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if your j box heaters are tight there is no problem with heat i run mine at -20 and stay plenty warm i would like to add a fuel fired heater for when i'm not under way such as ice fishing or sleading the one other plus to the fuel fired heater is dry heat to remove moisture propane wil create moisture as you can see the diference on a boat when yiu ahva a lp heater verses a fuel fired heateralso if you do add a lp heater you must have the fuel bottle outsideso if the releaf vents off it dosn't fill the cab with gas.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I here 25 is pushing it but an st4 will definitely outrun most snowcats out there form what I here. An being addicted to speed and hp I'm sure I can find a way to make it happen.

Here are some photos of my 1978 vw bus that I have hit 100 mph in.

2.2L subaru conversion

bus%20005.jpg
View attachment 40143

View attachment 40144

Cool bus, I am looking for a camper version of those.. not too many in Alaska to choose from.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lia,

There is just something about the looks of a Snow Trac ST4 that is timeless. To some it looks old, but not to me, or many others. It is/was an Iconic machine of it's day. I had the match box toy (if you haven't discovered they made one) wore the tracks and most of the paint off. I have never seen one in person, and yet I am convinced that I WILL have one, and soon. So don't feel bad. It is a contagious sickness that is passed around here on this board like a common cold.:whistling: So be care full.

You are going to be alright if catch it, just lighter in the wallet/purse!! This is because the only known cure for what you have caught is to buy one.....:brows:

Later gator,
Kirk

Lia

Banned
Lia,

There is just something about the looks of a Snow Trac ST4 that is timeless. To some it looks old, but not to me, or many others. It is/was an Iconic machine of it's day. I had the match box toy (if you haven't discovered they made one) wore the tracks and most of the paint off. I have never seen one in person, and yet I am convinced that I WILL have one, and soon. So don't feel bad. It is a contagious sickness that is passed around here on this board like a common cold.:whistling: So be care full.

You are going to be alright if catch it, just lighter in the wallet/purse!! This is because the only known cure for what you have caught is to buy one.....:brows:

Later gator,
Kirk

Oh I won't be buying one Kirk, lol. I'd have no use for one, and I'm not really a collector... the thing is that I thought that one in the OP particularly good looking, and in general, find them really fascinating, as I do aircraft carriers, military jets, helicopters and and all sorts of other road, air and sea craft/vehicles.

But, altho I find the might of our military forces equipment awesome, my fascination is not limited to just military... I was in Cornwall, south west of England a couple of months ago, and during a trip to Lizzard Point there I was fortunate enuff to watch a Royal Navy Search and Rescue helicopter doing practice manoeuvres, I was able to watch for a good half hour or more.

I was in my element and video'd it on my camera... the manoeuvre's were going on over my head practically, but in the video it looks further away than it actually was. I got some stills also... awesome!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh I won't be buying one Kirk, lol. I'd have no use for one, and I'm not really a collector... the thing is that I thought that one in the OP particularly good looking, and in general, find them really fascinating, as I do aircraft carriers, military jets, helicopters and and all sorts of other road, air and sea craft/vehicles.

But, altho I find the might of our military forces equipment awesome, my fascination is not limited to just military... I was in Cornwall, south west of England a couple of months ago, and during a trip to Lizzard Point there I was fortunate enuff to watch a Royal Navy Search and Rescue helicopter doing practice manoeuvres, I was able to watch for a good half hour or more.

I was in my element and video'd it on my camera... the manoeuvre's were going on over my head practically, but in the video it looks further away than it actually was. I got some stills also... awesome!
you need one first you being an artist you can strike it in a pose and paint it you can also use it as bait to catch men toys are always good for that.

Lia

Banned
you need one first you being an artist you can strike it in a pose and paint it you can also use it as bait to catch men toys are always good for that.

Yes, I know what you mean. I’ve worn dresses with higher IQ’s than the type of men you speak of, or who think in such an way. Fortunately, things don’t work quite like that in my social circles, since one doesn’t meet schoolboys in grown up establishments.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

I like to go to all the airshows or anything that has military craft at it. Would love to go flying in any of the planes, both past and present.

Can't drive though Anchorage without detouring though the Merrel Field airport where hundreds of airplanes are parked. Just to look at them as I go though the area. But any airport is a target for getting to see airplanes. When in the different Coastal Towns, I like to walk thought the small boat harbors to see the boats and chat with the guys getting ready to go fishing.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I like to go to all the airshows or anything that has military craft at it. Would love to go flying in any of the planes, both past and present.

Can't drive though Anchorage without detouring though the Merrel Field airport where hundreds of airplanes are parked. Just to look at them as I go though the area. But any airport is a target for getting to see airplanes. When in the different Coastal Towns, I like to walk thought the small boat harbors to see the boats and chat with the guys getting ready to go fishing.
have to admit that my soft spot is army ground equipment after being retired for about 3 years now i stillmiss the smell of canvas seats and the whine of a duce and half multifuel motors