• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pokemon Go

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone into this?

My kids are, and I'm not having much of a problem with it.

We've always had the normal boy vs girl with a 4-year age difference sibling rivalry/bickering between the kids but they're being so good together lately and I think this game gave them the common ground they needed. Fishing or quad rides and things like that gives them common area but that can't be done with the same frequency as this game.

They'll take off in the evenings and go to a park or walk the main street in town. It's nice to have them out of the house and being active outdoors. (If you have a teen daughter, you know how they like to hide in their bedroom) My daughter has an hour or 2 between her college courses and they're doing it on the college campus. The staff are doing it too.

I have warned them to stay off private property, including parking lots. Businesses aren't liking their parking lots filling up with non-customers.

Trying to convince them to take the dog with them but they're not keen on the idea.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't understand the game. I do not know anyone playing the game. I feel so out of it, but I guess that's more normal than not. :bonk:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My eldest Granddaughter Kasey is, thanks to her Grandpa (my ex).
He bought her an iPhone and she's been walking all over Michigan on vacation, from what I hear.
She's hooked.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I loaded it, caught my first one in 2 minutes in a bar. I figure it would have me in a bar more than I already am so I deleted it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't even load it. Don't want/need any electronic games. I work at a computer 10 hours a day. Last thing I want is to look at another screen. Won't even play XBox with my son.

Another valuable lesson is my kids are learning how to behave in town. (We're really rural so my kids aren't "street wise" per se). Earlier this week, my daughter learned to park in public parking only. She saw places like Churches calling in vehicles parked in their lot where the driver didn't enter the building so she parked on the street.

This morning, my son learned from the police that he's not allowed to ride his bicycle on sidewalks. Pretty sure this was his first one-on-one with a cop so I'm curious how he reacted.

It's appeals to a certain group of audience. I find it quite amusing.

This probably happened already, although I'm still hoping that there won't be any Poke-holdups or Poke-hookups

leadarrows

People are doing this while driving and causing accidents. One fellow walked off a cliff.
Other people are getting motivated to leave the house and are walking off weight.

Not sure just yet how I feel about it other then it's not for me.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Might be short lived. My kids were doing it pretty frequently but now, they're not doing it at all (for the last week or so).