• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trail run with the Alaska Track Association!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Coffee was brewing as my alarm clock this morning. The time was 3:30 am and it's already light out. A quick shower and a few cups of coffee later I was ready to meet up with Gary from the Alaskan Track Association. A few hours later we are meeting up with this trail run group. In the group we have 18 people and 5 snow Tracs. We are currently eating breakfast and getting ready to start our own Snow Trac Expedition. Wil post later when we get in tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 283

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
I am a very bad bad snow track owner..... :(
see what happens when I have to leave town and give a friend a key to my yard
this is not something a Snow trac should be subject too!
A PLANTER!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0483.jpg
    DSCN0483.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN0490.jpg
    DSCN0490.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 286

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is sad.... your trac quickly became lawn art!

Unique urban beautification project.

Sad just the same.

FWIW I am no better, my trac is hiding in plain sight as well. no potted plants on it at least.

Mike

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I am a very bad bad snow track owner..... :(
see what happens when I have to leave town and give a friend a key to my yard
this is not something a Snow trac should be subject too!
A PLANTER!!!!!!!!

That friend must have been a Krusti owner. How could he do such a thing to that beautiful Snow Trac? Some people!

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
well after you guys rubbed my nose in how much fun you had
I cleaned up the machine squirted some WD40 on the pin of the ambition grenade pulled it and exploded to life! after a trip to NAPA for supplies
this is what I returned to......:sad:

maybe I should buy a tucker....:whistling:

and no Jim you cant have the rest of the wheels!

Attachments

• DSCN0566.jpg
    DSCN0566.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 231

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
TO THE PICTURES

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 222
So I am trying to wrap my head around the whole SnoTrac thing and I must be missing something. Now I admit I am a little biased towards Bombardiers, Thiokols and most of all Pisten Bullys so I have factored that into my thinking here. But...... it seams an outing with the SnoTrac mainly consists of loading them up on a trailer....in the summer no less..... and going to the local diner for eats??????? And when they are not out struggling across the deck of a flatbed trailer they are used to grow corn or potatoes ????????

You guys need to get out in the winter and try them out in some snow!!! If they can handle such a difficult task.:biggrin::biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I am trying to wrap my head around the whole SnoTrac thing and I must be missing something. Now I admit I am a little biased towards Bombardiers, Thiokols and most of all Pisten Bullys so I have factored that into my thinking here. But...... it seams an outing with the SnoTrac mainly consists of loading them up on a trailer....in the summer no less..... and going to the local diner for eats??????? And when they are not out struggling across the deck of a flatbed trailer they are used to grow corn or potatoes ????????

You guys need to get out in the winter and try them out in some snow!!! If they can handle such a difficult task.:biggrin::biggrin:

LOL your just a bit jealous of Snow Tracs and these guys...:flowers:

We all know how well they perform in the snow. It's why they are sooo popular that they drag them around on trailers when there is none.:whistling:

PB's, Thiokols, Bombardiers, all have their place, but Snow Tracs are in a different league. They bring friends together for food and drink. The others aren't like that...:biggrin:

Lol, Kirk

LOL your just a bit jealous of Snow Tracs and these guys...:flowers:

We all know how well they perform in the snow. It's why they are sooo popular that they drag them around on trailers when there is none.:whistling:

PB's, Thiokols, Bombardiers, all have their place, but Snow Tracs are in a different league. They bring friends together for food and drink. The others aren't like that...:biggrin:

Lol, Kirk

Yes, perhaps a little jealous, but when you own a Pisten Bully who can afford friends?:ermm: Yes, yes the stories of the great performance and deep snow capabilities of the SnoTrac.......stories often heard but rarely seen!!! :brows:

Later,
Randy

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
randy you should come spend some time with me I actually do run mine the 2100 is cool but I still like the agility of the snow trac.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
ON MY LUNCH BREAK AT WORK. HERE YOU GO FOR ALL YOU SMART ARSES.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 169

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
GOING IN TO SUTTON TRAIL HEAD TO UNLOAD.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 161

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
THE KIDS WERE HAVING A BLAST AND WE HAVENT EVEN HIT THE TRAIL YET.:w00t2:

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 169

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The trail was dirt and rocks (fist sized). The snow tracks chugged along.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 167

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We found a little cabin in the woods next to a lake. The girls found a birds nest with 3 little chicks in the wood pile.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 156

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Back home and the internet seems to be doing well. Now to post more pics. It was lunch time so lunch was served up.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 172

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
After lunch we hit the trail again.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
hill climb:brows: This is "3rd Gear Brian" running the hill. As easy as Pie.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 164

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We all had a great day out with friends and family. We plan on hitting a slightly wet marshy area this Saturday. We will have breakfast and break for lunch sometime along the run. If you want to join us please let us know. This is open to any track rig not just Snow Tracs. Hell we would even love to have an actual running Kristi join us. Though that is not likely to happen......... Ever.:yum:

We all had a great day out with friends and family. We plan on hitting a slightly wet marshy area this Saturday. We will have breakfast and break for lunch sometime along the run. If you want to join us please let us know. This is open to any track rig not just Snow Tracs. Hell we would even love to have an actual running Kristi join us. Though that is not likely to happen......... Ever.:yum:

Looks like a fun time for all for sure. Maybe this winter you all could come out to Trapper Creek and swim in the deep end of the pool so to speak?:smile: Plenty of parking, trails and most important.. snow!!

I sure wish Big Al was here to defend the infamous Kristi. Nice video too, Amazing what Hollywood can do with the camera.:flowers:Seriously it would make for a good reality show. Thanks for sharing!

nikos

well after you guys rubbed my nose in how much fun you had
I cleaned up the machine squirted some WD40 on the pin of the ambition grenade pulled it and exploded to life! after a trip to NAPA for supplies
this is what I returned to......:sad:

maybe I should buy a tucker....:whistling:

and no Jim you cant have the rest of the wheels!

3512b
Nice camouflage (Red and Green) or it's just another way of Land Art :smile::smile::smile:

Nikos

Moose Guy

A big Thank You goes out to Mike (Snowcat Operations) for making ATA's cause his own! This outing was the first of many because the last thing this group will do is get them all pretty and just look at them?! Alaska is home to more trails than you can imagine so we have lots of adventures ahead of us?. We hope others make this their cause as Mike has done and choose to join this effort either in bringing their track rigs out on runs working on our programs or following along with videos from Mike & Geoff. "Get em on the trails!"

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
A big Thank You goes out to Mike (Snowcat Operations) for making ATA's cause his own! This outing was the first of many because the last thing this group will do is get them all pretty and just look at them��! Alaska is home to more trails than you can imagine so we have lots of adventures ahead of us��. We hope others make this their cause as Mike has done and choose to join this effort either in bringing their track rigs out on runs working on our programs or following along with videos from Mike & Geoff. "Get em on the trails!"

Didn't bother Allen to pretty them up than admire his handy work. Garry you should use your connections with Lyndon to get a trip up here and look around too