• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BOA

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I just got off the phone to BOA. My CD matured and I wanted the money transferred to my savings account. I need that money badly for some home improvements. I thought I had it done on the 14th. I was hoping that I could do an online transfer when it matured but was told no but that the rep.
would take care of it.
It wasn't transferred on the maturity date when I checked in the morning so after going through hoops with their computer system to just talk to a human, I was told it would be transferred that afternoon. That afternoon (when I checked) it still did not appear to be. The next morning I still wasn't sure but it seemed to be. However today got a letter dated the 17th about it being considered unclaimed/abandoned money. How could it be unclaimed on the 17th when I had it set up on the 14th to go to my savings account?
Have you ever seen 2001 A Space Odyssey? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Space_Odyssey_(film))

In it astronauts on a voyaged to Jupiter are killed by the computer HAL. I told the supervisor at BOA today that was how I felt about their computer system.
Since there are hundred of thousands of unemployed people in the USA -

WHY CAN'T THEY HIRE HUMANS TO ANSWER THE PHONES!?

Kane

Simple, one-word answer...progress. :brows:

No, not progress ... India.

Whenever you get a computer answering your call, punch in "O" for operator, or answer "pizza" to any of the robo-routing questions. Instead of YOU getting frustrated, frustrate the the damn computer to the point it transfers you to a human being.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Yep - I did punch Zero and got an IDIOT. Nope not India (by accent) but IDIOT. Sometimes if you can understand them the Indians try to be helpful.
For an update total I called 5 times & got 1 call back from supervisor last talks were ME pitching a b*tch. They are changing how to login. Grrrrr
I guess Banks are all the same so no point in changing plus I got auto. bill pay for utilities.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I hate trying to get people on the phone, and what's worse I'm deaf so I have a hard time hearing and these people/companies don't understand that it is better for me to do things through e-mails or text messages.

When I do use the phone I put it on speaker which helps a little, but then you get foreign speaking people or idiots who insist on speaking softly...UGH!

The world is full of challenges and idiots make thing much harder than they need to be.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep - I did punch Zero and got an IDIOT. Nope not India (by accent) but IDIOT. Sometimes if you can understand them the Indians try to be helpful.
For an update total I called 5 times & got 1 call back from supervisor last talks were ME pitching a b*tch. They are changing how to login. Grrrrr
I guess Banks are all the same so no point in changing plus I got auto. bill pay for utilities.

I don't believe that all banks are the same. I stopped using the large banks years ago and now bank only at local banks.

When I call, I can get the appropriate person, or, if not, the bank president.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I hate trying to get people on the phone, and what's worse I'm deaf so I have a hard time hearing and these people/companies don't understand that it is better for me to do things through e-mails or text messages.

When I do use the phone I put it on speaker which helps a little, but then you get foreign speaking people or idiots who insist on speaking softly...UGH!

The world is full of challenges and idiots make thing much harder than they need to be.

I hear you (bad pun) I used to run a noisy saw. Most of the time we also had to carry on conversations with people so wearing hearing protection was not practical. Plus to be honest, since the saw was in a tin shed in a part of Arizona that gets really hot it was uncomfortable to wear them so we didn't.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't believe that all banks are the same. I stopped using the large banks years ago and now bank only at local banks.

When I call, I can get the appropriate person, or, if not, the bank president.

The problem is I have seizures (due to a vehicle accident that caused a closed head injury as well as a bum leg etc.) and I can't drive. Since my city is sprawled out my methods of transportation are limited.

1) Take a cab, VERY expensive.
2) Bum a ride which is very impractical.
3) Take the bus. I still have to walk to walk to the bus stop.
4) Or just walk I can't walk very fast but if need be - I'm really tired later
I can risk a seizure and walk about half a mile. That followed by the bus and followed by bumming a ride from my sister and I do that regularly when she is free (once a week) are the most practical.

I have a B.O.A a bit more than half a mile distance from me. I also have a Chase bank about that distance from me. When I go to B.O.A I can stop and rest at a really good mom & pop burger joint.
I used to have accounts at Chase and had problems with them and the place nearest to them to rest is a chain burger place. Either way I get really tired.
I have also been told to try a Credit Union, however my sister was a member of a credit union and said they are not much better and there are none near me.

I know of no local banks near me. Even if I did I have all my utilities set up on auto-pay with B.O.A.

By the way I did walk to B.O.A. yesterday and while trying to be nice I spewed my rant in person. Naturally all I got was soothing B.S.
Oh well I got a good cheese burger with bacon and some other goodies nearby.