• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Iowa resident from Missouri living in Georgia

OmegaRunner

Hello everyone. I was referred to this site by my father, who I believe was referred here by my uncle.

I'm was born and grew up in Missouri. 20 years ago I moved to Iowa and hooked up with some smokin' hot blonde. Iowa has been home ever since. However, I have also lived in Germany for almost four years, and spent two years in Afghanistan. I'm currently in Georgia at Fort Benning and won't return home until next March.

I am conservative on most issues and I am pretty disgusted with both parties. I believe in individual responsibility, but I don't think most people know what that is anymore. I believe there is "right" and there is "wrong". Gray area is for pansies.

I am also into firearms, running, scuba diving, and motorcycles.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome. Conservative, disgusted with both parties, likes guns and motored things, I doubt you will fit in at all around here.:wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to FF Omega.
You've been referred to what you will soon find out to be the best forum on the internet.
Warning: You'll soon become addicted.
'n dat's not a bad thing!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Omega Runner,
Welcome.

Rumor has it there are a few conservatives hanging around here. They don't usualy make much trouble. Generaly, they keep out of sight so don't worry.

What part of Missouri?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great intro! Welcome and have FUN .............. :clap:

What Glock's ya got? 30's and 19's are the family favorite here!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the board OR! Just so you know, there's a P2P (post 2 pictues) rule for our new Glock members so better get after it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome. You ain't one of them migrant workers like Rusty are you? He is waiting for the van to pick him up in the mornings to go to work.:yum::yum::yum:

Kane

Hello everyone. I was referred to this site by my father, who I believe was referred here by my uncle.

I'm was born and grew up in Missouri. 20 years ago I moved to Iowa and hooked up with some smokin' hot blonde. Iowa has been home ever since.

Lots of smokin' hot blonds in Iowa (I married one, too) so it must be all of the clean livin' for which Iowa is known.

Some call it "corn fed", but it just doesn't seem to apply in this case.

Welcome.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
2003 Harley Davidson Sportster. It started as an 883. Three years ago I installed a 1250 kit, new cams, etc.

I ride a KLR650 my wife wanted a 883L as a first bike I talked her in to a TW200 she won't admit it for a first bike smaller is better size does matter:biggrin:.

OmegaRunner

I ride a KLR650 my wife wanted a 883L as a first bike I talked her in to a TW200 she won't admit it for a first bike smaller is better size does matter:biggrin:.

I agree. My wife rode my bike right after she got her license. She can do it, but the Sportster is too big for her. We bought her a Buell Blast as a starter bike after that. She has a lot more confidence on the Buell. It makes a pretty good starter bike.

The TW200 goes with your KLR650 better than a Sportster would. Do you do any long distance riding? On advrider.com I have read about guys taking KL650's through some rough places.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. My wife rode my bike right after she got her license. She can do it, but the Sportster is too big for her. We bought her a Buell Blast as a starter bike after that. She has a lot more confidence on the Buell. It makes a pretty good starter bike.

The TW200 goes with your KLR650 better than a Sportster would. Do you do any long distance riding? On advrider.com I have read about guys taking KL650's through some rough places.

Just found out we are related.:yum:

My apologies

and
condolences.

Is the Captain thing for real?

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I just started the dualsport runs.
I had trouble with my first me being big and the bike being under sprung I knocked off the oil drain plug half way through the ride (even with a happy trails skid plate) I got that fixed and am trying to decide to go hunting or do a run a next week. choices choices??????

tom