• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This is Too Much...Driving in India Video...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's all kinds of things wrong with that kid driving.

Although his dad "vouched" for him, I heard horns blowing at him, failure to maintain lane, constant preaching from his dad, his dad grab the wheel...

I just hope that kid doesn't get killed due to his dad's stupidity.

humor_me

bczoom said:
There's all kinds of things wrong with that kid driving.

Although his dad "vouched" for him, I heard horns blowing at him, failure to maintain lane, constant preaching from his dad, his dad grab the wheel...

I just hope that kid doesn't get killed due to his dad's stupidity.

Yep,
lots of horns blowing. I guess in India, they put a different value on life.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Comments -

* Horns in India have a completely different meaning than in the US. Maybe the traffic laws were based on British ocean navigation precedent, I don't know. Blowing the horn means claiming the right-of-way when passing another slower vehicle. The slow one, maybe a bicycle or camel-cart, is legally required to move aside.

* They have a lot more freedom in some respects. Nobody is going to stop that kid. There is only a very slight chance that a traffic cop is assigned to that region and he is probably on foot at a major intersection, serving in the role of stoplight.

* Here's a previous thread on traffic in India. It has links to an insane traffic video, and several pictures I took in 2004. Link - India traffic thread.

* Safety??? - never heard of it! Is that some strange belief they have in the West? (My photo, 2004.)
IMG_1638rIndiaFamilyOnTractor (Small).JPG

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
MAN! I so completely thought this thread was titled "Driving in Indiana" :pat:

I thought it was going to be a video of a cannonball run between Bob's house and Dargo's. :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks to Humor Me we have a pps showing what driving in Bolivia is like. The roads are crazy. You have to be brave just to drive on them.
In case you missed it when it was first posted .... be sure to see the Driving in India clip from above. One of the wildest things I've ever seen.

....the link to India driving is not working. Anyone save a copy they can post?

Attachments

• DrivingInBolivia.pps
    696.5 KB · Views: 92