• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Glad I stumbled in

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was looking for a forum on Ziplining. Apparently, I got lost in the internet ether and,,,,somehow,,,,, I ended up here. By my experinces so far you folks seem nice and respectful..

So, I'm rather glad I that had gotten lost.

I am a Native of MO, St louis region and enjoy outdoor sports, driving my Crossfire, trout fishing and sailing.

The Mrs and I own a small packaging business that produces nothing of any redeeming value but employs about twenty five people now.

My wife Cathy also has her own Crossfire and enjoys the same activities as I do. Two two seat sports cars, we both love to drive so.....So we take separate vacations together.

I have no idea, even after 42 years, why she ever bothered to marry me but I am greatful and glad for her kindness.

Currently, we are building a ranch in what is likely the most rocky, desolate and inaccessable patch of knarly nasty Ozarks ground we could find. It is a small meander east of Springfield MO. A bit wild, we have recently discovered the chiggers here come with chain saws.

With the aquisition of some mean barn yard chickens and a few Dexter cows and we will soon settle in to a semi retirement.

That said, I presume I will find all sorts of useless advice and helpful wit here on the Forums Forums.:smile:

Please, bring it on.

franc

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome and my wife and I are part owners/live on site managers in a small storage facility (457 units) in Lexington Kentucky. We are both born and raised Floridians and this is our retirement.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
WELCOME! Post often and have fun,its the Internet ....how much trouble could you possibly get in any way?:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"I was looking for a forum on Ziplining."

Well now we know who to blame.:yum::yum: Welcome to the nut house. Watch out for Rusty. He forgets to take his little pills some days.:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Franc. Good intro. :thumb: Welcome to our internet playground / off topic forums.

Member Bczoom built a zipline a while back and posted a video of it being used. Maybe that is how your search found forums forums. No matter how you got here we're glad you found us. Hope you enjoy this place as much as we all do. :thumb: :D :beer:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
By my experinces so far you folks seem nice and respectful.
Well, there's your first mistake. You happened to catch the forum on an off day when nobody was killing each other. Just wait...

Oh, I like to trout fish as well, mostly up in Michigan on the AuSable, Pere Marquette and Manistee rivers. I also fish for lake run steelhead in the Winter. All C&R because those things taste nasty.

ChagSteel.jpg

Oh, here are the dancing girls from the bar that Rusty hangs out at. They are Michigan cheerleaders who retired to Pennsylvania and were introduced to pork rinds and PBR.

michcheeralt.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a tractor ........... :whistling: ............?

Welcome and have lots of fun!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey JEV, let's try not to scare away the new clientelle :yum:

Welcome to these here forums of forums. Can get a bit heated sometimes, but thats part of the fun. Enjoy your stay and post often.

OH and believe nothing that is said by Muleman. He is just jealous that he can't go anywhere as he drives a Prius and bedtime at the retirement home is at 7pm.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy and welcome aboard franc, looking forward to you sharing your experiences from your little slice of heaven . BTW. We love pics too. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a tractor ........... :whistling: ............?

Welcome and have lots of fun!

YEP!

Got two, sorta.

One is a 1937 ford 9N with a Dearborn front bucket dump and a Ferguson blade on the back
I'll be putting a brush hog on that next summer

The other is a 1974 Case 350 tracked bucket dozer with a Davis Back Hoe

I like older stuff 'cause I can fix it myself and it was made in the USA.

My place is 80 acres of mostly rocks and sandy clay. Steep hillsides with elevation changes from 1100 feet to 1400 feet. Not suitable for row crops

It was clearcut logged in 2005 before I bought it. 2007 it suffered a major wildfire leaving me to buy a moonscape with standing dead whiteoaks at 8" diameter.

A very sorry bit of real estate. My wife cried when I bought it.

We have five running springs, a large cave and a year round cold water creek. Not all the timber was lost so there are lovely places about. And mother nature is reclaiming the rest daily. In summer it is covered in wildflowers and butterflies. And chords of free standing, easy to get, well dried, firewood.

So, now the wife loves the place.

Plans are to put 30 acres of the burned off section in pasture and set up to raise a few head of cattle. A hobby farm, not serious ranching or farming.

I am originaly from Kahoka MO and spent my youth on a dairy /poultry farm. Hated the city life for most of my adult years. I have always loved and missed being tied to the land.

This is my trip back to being a child again.

Cathy and I live by the realization that gettin' old is a manditory fact of life,,,,,but,,,,,growing up is not.:clap:

franc

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome and my wife and I are part owners/live on site managers in a small storage facility (457 units) in Lexington Kentucky. We are both born and raised Floridians and this is our retirement.

Just went thru lexington two weeeks ago on my way to theSmokies. Lexington is a lovely gentile bit of Kentucky.

franc

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well next time swing by. We are pretty easy to find right off of Man O War and Nicholasville Road (US27). We are one block past the intersection of the two roads on the North side of Lowes. Can't miss the place as W Tiverton Way dead ends are our entrance with a 50' flag pole and very large US flag overhead. We also have a large sign about as high as the flag that can be seen from the Man O War and Nicholasville Rd. The place is named Handi Self Storage.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, there's your first mistake. You happened to catch the forum on an off day when nobody was killing each other. Just wait...

Oh, I like to trout fish as well, mostly up in Michigan on the AuSable, Pere Marquette and Manistee rivers. I also fish for lake run steelhead in the Winter. All C&R because those things taste nasty.

ChagSteel.jpg

Oh, here are the dancing girls from the bar that Rusty hangs out at. They are Michigan cheerleaders who retired to Pennsylvania and were introduced to pork rinds and PBR.

michcheeralt.jpg

You know, with a couple cases of PBR, & two barrels of flour, a couple of the girls are almost doable!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an interesting (and diversified) chunk of land you have.

As mentioned, I do have a zipline. So does member Dargo. A forum search will show the threads where we discussed them. Resurrecting old threads is perfectly fine so if you have a question or statement about one of the threads, go for it.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an interesting (and diversified) chunk of land you have.

As mentioned, I do have a zipline. So does member Dargo. A forum search will show the threads where we discussed them. Resurrecting old threads is perfectly fine so if you have a question or statement about one of the threads, go for it.
Yeah, but don't ever post a thread with a redundant topic, or the post police will be all over you like white on rice. You are required to read the entire archive before posting something that MIGHT be redundant. Don't ask how I and others know this, but someday I'll show you my scars.:hide:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, but don't ever post a thread with a redundant topic, or the post police will be all over you like white on rice. You are required to read the entire archive before posting something that MIGHT be redundant. Don't ask how I and others know this, but someday I'll show you my scars.:hide:

There is always a few of those on every forum. Ask a question that has been answered somewhere amoungst 15,000 post and a trool with nothing better to do will scold you. "Welcome new guy but don't be so stupid. Use the search feature. Now, don't you feel welcomed? Have a nice day."

The search fucntion on this forum sucks, as it does on any that use the same framework program. One point of a newbie asking the question is to generate a conversation. Which is.......THE POINT OF THE FORUM.

In other words, I been dare ,,,,,done dat!:w00t2:
Thanks for the kind welcome guys and gals. I look forward to kabittsing with you all. That includes, against advice and better judgement, Muleman
franc

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't say I didn't warn you when you see a Prius in your driveway and a bearded old codger looking through your bedroom window:hammer: :yum::yum::yum:

The old cogger..... is welcome.

The bedroom window....I certainly hope he enjoys the experience.

The Prius??????????....that's why I carry a 357.:brows:

franc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we're gonna get along fiiiine :clap:

I assume you drive something American? Possibly built in a Ford plant?

I own seven Chrysler products including two that say Diamelr Bez inside the covers.
However, My next purchase will be a FORD.

2000 Dodge Custome van,
1995 LHS Chrysler
1996 Jeep Laredo with a lift kit
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan LE
1995 Dodge One ton dually with a Cummins
2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 6 Sp
2005 Chrysler SRT coupe Supercharged
Just sold a 2005 SRT supercharged as I did not have time to drive it.

My first FORD was a 1939 businessman"s coupe. A real moonshiners special.
My last Ford was a 1984 ranger pickup that I drove for 200K miles and then gave away to a needy friend. It still runs
My wife loved the Lincoln T&Cs
My favorite Ford was a 1957 T Bird Really miss that one.

franc

"REAL TRUCKS HAVE DUALLY WHEELS, MANUAL TRANSMISIONS AND SAY CUMMINS ON THE SIDE"