• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Salvage Squad restoration DVD

Alp Trac

Attachments

• snow trac dvd.jpg
    snow trac dvd.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 406

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Adam, as you are in Europe, that DVD will play beautifully on your DVD players, but those of us in the US cannot play that DVD.

The DVD that is for sale on Ebay is encoded in the European Pal encoding format and regular DVD players in the US will not recognize the format and play it.

I do have a copy of the same episode, also in Pal encoding format, one of my computers will play the DVD. I was experimenting over the weekend and found a way to patch the video output from the computer to my TV and then patch it again to a DVD recorder which will allow me to make copies of the DVD in the American format. (I don't know if the American format is for NORTH AMERICA including Canada of if it is just for the USA . . .maybe one of our Canadian Forum members can let us know what format is used there). Anyway, sometime later this summer I hope to share the same DVD with anyone who wants an American format version of the show.

I will also include a video that Lyndon has provided which is some home movie videos of Snow Tracs at the first Snow Trac owners meeting.

So if people can wait, for my disk, there will be the Salvage Squad video and Lyndon's video on one DVD. I do NOT have any set timetable for this production, but am figuring I will be able to share it with everyone who can use the American format this summer.

beds

B_Skurka said:
(I don't know if the American format is for NORTH AMERICA including Canada of if it is just for the USA . . .maybe one of our Canadian Forum members can let us know what format is used there).

Bob, we have NTSC in Canada, which is the format you have in the States. I think most of Europe is Pal, but some middle-east countries are NTSC. Australia, I believe, is Pal.

Alp Trac

We call it zone 1 and zone 2 we are zone 2 in Europe, States and Canada are zone 1.

In Europe we can buy multi region DVD players, which is what I have as a lot of my DVds are from a mate in Indonesia which is also zone 1, and they play no problem.

So, if you have a multi region player you can play our dodgy European format!