• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Snowcat on Ebay UK

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Icequeen posted the item number in another thread, thought I would post a link if anyone is interested.
Looks in great condition, it is a runner and driver but needs some minor repairs to finish it off.
And its not orange!
Snowcat - £1500 starting - Aberdeenshire

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, for those of us who are unfamiliar with the location of this one, where in the UK is it located? Logically the snow is in the Scottish highlands but so far we have a couple members with Snow Tracs that live where there is very little snow! So where is Aberdeenshire?

BTW this is a 2 belt big wheel Snow Trac so I think that is one of the early big wheel styles. That would probably place its production in the mid-to-late 1960's. The seat in the photos is also one of the old style driver's seats, which is another clue to its age.

Attachments

• 96_12_sb.JPG
    96_12_sb.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 190
  • e6_12_sb.JPG
    e6_12_sb.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 191

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the auciton text:

s.gif
For Auction is my Dad's Snow Trac. I am auctioning this for him so please direct all enquiries to him on 07766851198. It is most probably a 60's machine which is in fantastic origional condition for it's age. I do not mean polished to perfection but it is still a very usable machine which starts and drives well. Interior is red and the outside has at some stage become green. 6 seats. Some history of it's heritage. Veiwing is encouraged and welcomed. It is like going back in time when you go in through the back doors. There are few things which could be repaired. Namely the Handbrake cable. The speedo cable and there is a burst idler tyre on one side. This must surely be a rarity and very collectable.

Attachments

• 2a_12_sb.JPG
    2a_12_sb.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 44_12_sb.JPG
    44_12_sb.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 61_12_sb.JPG
    61_12_sb.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 189

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman