• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lemme say Hello Everybody!!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
We both hail from Texas

It's nice to see some HAIL from Texas hope you have fun here but please don't pick on Galvi he is a good guy.

golfball.jpg

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome wit 4 kids the fun has only started wait till they're teens my oldest is grown up and the 2 middle ones are teens now what a hand full the baby is the funnest he still wants to be my side kick

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I'm fine Galvi. Just have a good memory. I don't really need a scolding from you.

Like I said, I stepped over the line with a newbie. My bad.

I apoligized. Some of us do that. Some don't

FFS franc i have made clear i was joking with you and still you drag it on...are you now trying to Troll for some business???

Stop trying to make out i attacked you with my recent posts as it is clear to see that is far from the truth...i find your accusation of "scolding you" way out of line.

Yes your memory serves you well and i openly admitted in the open forum i was having a stressful day at the time....since that time i have in no way offended you again so with all honesty you are just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

My sig has been updated so have a good read of it and take the correct coarse of action.

Hopefully this matter is now closed,

Sorry for today's unintended thread highjack mod's and Admin.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Jesse & April. I too will be interested to hear about your home schooling. I am a big proponent of it myself for both the moral and religious standpoints. Not the least of which it offers a much better education. Best of luck with that. :biggrin:

Jess-n-April

Homeschooling is difficult most of the time, but rewarding all the time. We get to spend a lot more time with our kids, and their so well behaved that they stand out from everyone in their girl scout classes and dance; however they don't lack for friends either which is good also.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
As a huge proponent of Home Schooling I am glad it is working out for you. I am not sure what your main reasons are for home schooling other than getting your children a better education of course. Keeping them away from the NEA infested curriculum is a plus. :biggrin:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Homeschooling is difficult most of the time, but rewarding all the time. We get to spend a lot more time with our kids, and their so well behaved that they stand out from everyone in their girl scout classes and dance; however they don't lack for friends either which is good also.

Glad to hear that, that they still have plenty friends and outside activities. I also have no faith left in Public schools, anyway. I would be willing to bet that at least 80% of public school teachers really don't give a crap anymore.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Guess I need to go back and read a few more replys , but damn ! You guys seemed to be pretty tough on the new guy in the couple of post he made .JMO .

The rest of us here have been around long enough to know when someone is kiddin around . You were new here once also .

Ok ! I got my Dr Rum in hand ! Give me your best shot !!:biggrin:

Galvi ! For Gods sake ! Put on some underwear !

Jess-n-April

I haven't left. I have a pretty dedicated day and not a lot of time to get online for things.
I pulled my pic, yes. I wanted to get back into anonymity.
I came here thinking this was a place where personalities played a small part, and that people could discuss freely without scrutiny.
I can be a part of this type of community however as I see it is friendly and about making friends. I will be spending more of my time in a different forum community because it is a lot larger and there are very broad horizons of topics available there to which I have not seen any of the hassle or hardship.
It's a fine place to where we can talk with a lot of people about just about anything and help people out with acceptance and advice.

Jess-n-April

Oh...the homeschooling thing......
The biggest challenge for us has been planning curriculum. Currently we have 3 of our kids doing daily home school activities and they are each on their own degree of learning....such as one reads well, one is only just gotten to reading grade 2 books alone, and the youngest has slight autism and does not read much at all.
It is really hard to get lessons planned out while at the same time knowing how to progress with each individual.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I came here thinking this was a place where personalities played a small part, and that people could discuss freely without scrutiny.

I can be a part of this type of community however as I see it is friendly and about making friends.

Jess, a lot of us allow our personalities to shine through.
I am not afraid to share a damned thing on here and enjoy the interaction as it comes.
We ARE a friendly community, very much so.
Just relax and look around.
The forums have so much to offer, if you only give us a chance.
Try posting in a lot of the forums instead of just the ones concerning sexuality and relationships.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh...the homeschooling thing......
The biggest challenge for us has been planning curriculum. Currently we have 3 of our kids doing daily home school activities and they are each on their own degree of learning....such as one reads well, one is only just gotten to reading grade 2 books alone, and the youngest has slight autism and does not read much at all.
It is really hard to get lessons planned out while at the same time knowing how to progress with each individual.

I have a friend who home schooled 16, yes 16 kids.
This happened back in the 90s and they are Catholic.
12 of those kids now have college degrees and are successful.. married with a ton of kids :yum:
I thought about home schooling my youngest when he was struggling in school, but he managed to get his act together in private schooling.
I am proud of both of my sons,the eldest being more successful at what he does, the youngest marching to his own drum as it were.

Jess-n-April

OH MY! 16 kids...it doesn't seem such an easy thing when you consider that volume.
My fiancee is always seeking for pointers to improve her ability and learn new tricks. Would you know of any of them places? Really chances are pretty high that April has already looked at most internet sites for help...she has about 200 sites bookmarked.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Jess, they used a homeschooling program.
Don't recall the name exactly but it had to do with Mother Seton, I believe.
The older kids would help the younger ones with their studies.
It all worked out fabulously, but if I recall correctly that had to enroll at the Y for the kids to get some phys ed too.

loboloco

Jess-n-April, for some of the less mature members here I apologize. If I might make a suggestion, please create a thread in one of the other areas here and place some of your experiences with homeschooling there.
The political debates here can get somewhat passionate here and some mud gets slung, but mostly it is an honest expression of viewpoints. Some have abused that and all of us here have come close to the line once or twice, but overall it is a good forum with many varied and interesting points of view.

Jess-n-April

I am going to try visiting every day if I can, mostly going to be around the same time of day for me.
I may keep off creating my own discussions here...I mostly like to join topics already underway.

Jess-n-April

Jesse. April really don't get involved with inter-forums much....I just get her input when I find things she might find interesting.

Jess-n-April

Ha...it's a valuable thing tho, just make sure she knows that.
Sometimes the more I ask her, the less interest she takes, and soon I start getting things all to my own.