• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Insulated carb base gasket

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
My 1977 Skidozer with a Ford 300 6 cylinder has an insulated carburetor base gasket about 1/4" thick. It's a single barrel carb. Does anyone know where to buy a new one ?

I can only find them for 4 and 2 barrel carbs. I could buy a chunk of high temp phenolic sheet and make my own but the one that's there is a factory made thing so they must be out there somewhere ?

Thanks.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Is that you, Fred ? :wave:

Thank you very much ! It's 2.75" or 70mm.
The first is too small, the second has no dimension and the third is too big ! None of the searches include Ford !

I got one almost an eigtth thick from NAPA and ordered a second so I can get the thing going. But I'm still on the hunt for the right thing and I'll get a couple of them !

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that you, Fred ? :wave:

Thank you very much ! It's 2.75" or 70mm.
The first is too small, the second has no dimension and the third is too big ! None of the searches include Ford !

I got one almost an eigtth thick from NAPA and ordered a second so I can get the thing going. But I'm still on the hunt for the right thing and I'll get a couple of them !

Spruce Bunny? Freds on vacation :wink:

Even at 2.900 and yours 2.750 it would work that’s only .075 slightly more than 1/16 per side a little die grinder or file work and your there. Or just drill out with 3/8” drill

Keep the tracks down :/

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks again. Ya, I thought the 1/8" per side difference might be manageable . I'll get that one.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Please pardon my dyslexia..... The .15" difference should be easy to overcome.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I finally got that last website to work. It didn't yesterday and it's still jumpy today. They have lots of stuff. I'd come across them before but only for 2 & 4 bbl carb stuff. Ordered 3 different ones.....

Finally found a carb rebuild kit for Holley 1940 so I hope to have 2 good carbs in my possession, soon.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My 1977 Skidozer with a Ford 300 6 cylinder has an insulated carburetor base gasket about 1/4" thick. It's a single barrel carb. Does anyone know where to buy a new one ?

I can only find them for 4 and 2 barrel carbs. I could buy a chunk of high temp phenolic sheet and make my own but the one that's there is a factory made thing so they must be out there somewhere ?

Thanks.

I just got done making one from a piece of hard wood took all of 30 minutes. Less time than I spent looking for one. Let me guess Vapor lock

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't have vapor lock problems that I know of. But I'm replacing the carb and ripped the insulated gasket. If I made a wood one it would split or catch on fire or something. It's just one less thing to worry about while I shovel.