• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New member here, 1St snow cat

YukonDean

I just purchased the unit to go in the muskeg here in Dawson, Yukon.
We have a gold mine and need to go out over our claims in the summer to plan for next years drilling program.
The unit needs maintenance and a few new parts.
Can one of the members identify this this so I can look for parts?
I am told it is a Bombi. The outside measurement is 64"
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 258

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum YukonDean. I don't know nuthin about Bombis but there are folks here who will be able to help. I like your plan; gold mine first, snow machine next, wish I had thought of that.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just purchased the unit to go in the muskeg here in Dawson, Yukon.
We have a gold mine and need to go out over our claims in the summer to plan for next years drilling program.
The unit needs maintenance and a few new parts.
Can one of the members identify this this so I can look for parts?
I am told it is a Bombi. The outside measurement is 64"
Thanks

That should be a Bombardier J5 if it's 65" wide and the tracks are 16.5" wide of the tracks are 15" then it would be a SW64 about the only difference is the track width if it has the flathead engine it would be the Chrysler 251

I would have most all parts for it .

Technically here is a picture of a Bombi
But a lot of people generalize all bombardiers as Bombis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 239

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, I don't know what is proper.
How do I get a hold of you for parts
Thanks
Dean

Welcome aboard!

I just posted the picture so you would know if you called someone and said I need parts for my Bombi that's what you might get parts for.

You might not get me but my company is www.mn-outdoors.com someone there can help

About the only harder thing to get is the exhaust manifold if you have the 251
Flathead

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice to meet you. Just don't ask me about snow cats we don't use them much down here in Phoenix Arizona. ;)

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
im not a big bombie fan but I believe you couldn't have picked a better rig for tundra running they are heavy and strong. about the only thing better is also larger it would be a muskeg.